Zephyr_Nova

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, no part of it said:

This one is an LP limited to 10 copies, lo-fi ambient noises and loop-based industrial noise sounds. 

I think i've got some Blood Rhythms stuff, it's pretty good.  Anything loopy/dirty/noisy is usually great in my book. Just listening now to this one now, so far so good.

I got this album Existence in a trade recently, Finnish loopy noise with a smidge of gnarled synth drones

https://bloodkry.bandcamp.com/album/existence

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 1:36 AM, Soloman Tump said:

I think i've got some Blood Rhythms stuff, it's pretty good.  Anything loopy/dirty/noisy is usually great in my book. Just listening now to this one now, so far so good.

I got this album Existence in a trade recently, Finnish loopy noise with a smidge of gnarled synth drones

https://bloodkry.bandcamp.com/album/existence

Thank you!  

Yes, I'm listening now.  I'm picky about synth stuff, but this is good!    The Fins have something in the water!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

death this, pain that!

it seems to me that the majority of noise music (especially power electronics subgenre and similar) is related to death, murder, rape, child sex abuse and similar stuff and that's disgusting to me tbh; bc it's such a cheap and shallow and unidirectional and adolescent approach to noise music; i much prefer noise music that's less focused on the evil stuff, or at least when it has less explicit lyrics and track/album naming and album covers... 

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

@xox if death, murder, rape, child sex abuse and "similar stuff" wasn't the main subject matter in noise, what the hell would richard ramirez make music about?

something like this? ?

9 hours ago, xox said:

death this, pain that!

it seems to me that the majority of noise music (especially power electronics subgenre and similar) is related to death, murder, rape, child sex abuse and similar stuff and that's disgusting to me tbh; bc it's such a cheap and shallow and unidirectional and adolescent approach to noise music; i much prefer noise music that's less focused on the evil stuff, or at least when it has less explicit lyrics and track/album naming and album covers... 

I'm with you on that. 

I am much more likely to be into a noise album that looks like this

ab67616d0000b273e0a4df10ab79dc2cb01e739c

(Merzbow's Cycle btw)

Than the usual 'dark' xeroxed photos of dead hookers, prurient stuff. 

Noise having to be about anger and fear is smoothbrain energy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, xox said:

death this, pain that!

yeah man, 100%. this is one of the reasons i was so happy to find Caroliner back in the day. occasionally violent track names but mostly just weird and bright as fuck. still have one of their LPs, and the truly fantastical handmade shit they jammed into the makeshift sleeve still brings joy. they were a pretty big influence on me way back when (~2007)

the LP i dont even know the name of:

carolinerrainbow.thumb.jpg.e95962b058e7d91e8eddb88123ce2dd6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...