IGNORED

Max/MSP

Adieu

On 1/14/2023 at 11:56 PM, logakght said:

Any more intricate music made with Ma/MSP you could share with me?

Don't know if this is 100% max/msp based, but I asked Noxin and he recommended this guy's music (and it's excellent) 

• Like 1

Tom's a proper Max don, working for c74 providing fantastic educational content and delivering stellar music.
Ben's setup is Max + hardware synths.
Noxin's pure Max AFAIK, same goes for IKTS.
Synalegg's just switched from PD to Max.
Kindohm has a few Max jams online which are just killer.
Eczem released some Max LPs in the past and is incorporating it back in his set-up (incredible WIPs up his sleeves I must add).
I for one am embracing the Live + Max / M4L combo and am currently patching my own variably generative sequencer.

ps: Calum also works for c74 and told me about his Max tunes, I haven't listened to these yet but from what he told me I just can't wait.

Edited by Nil
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

https://contemponet.com/emasd3/?fbclid=IwAR0b3Lq3i7AAWxV4p2D1vPnqw_Ysqdm6b7FEsX6ROAPDVnNaKH249bVKNVg

Sneak peek of the third volume of "electronic music and sound design" that should be out in a few days.

translation took a long time for that 3rd edition. nice to have it coming soon! so many great max books out these days. really helpful to smoothbrained idiots like me. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ignatius said:

translation took a long time for that 3rd edition. nice to have it coming soon! so many great max books out these days. really helpful to smoothbrained idiots like me. 

Yes, great way to learn Max !

Seeing what chat gpt is doing with programming, in a couple of years we probably won’t be needing any extensive knowledge of programming to make music with max or supercollider. Algorithmic music especially will be a common thing. Even now we can ask it help us with the theory, like chord progression and ideas for melodies or contrapunkt. I sincerely look forward for neural networks/ai to take every possible corner of art production…and our lives in general. It’s the next industrial revolution! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

Seeing what chat gpt is doing with programming, in a couple of years we probably won’t be needing any extensive knowledge of programming to make music with max or supercollider. Algorithmic music especially will be a common thing. Even now we can ask it help us with the theory, like chord progression and ideas for melodies or contrapunkt. I sincerely look forward for neural networks/ai to take every possible corner of art production…and our lives in general. It’s the next industrial revolution! 

It's over.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This guy is building an Autechre System by himself.. I guess this is gonna be trendy around the kids in the future. 
For me I think is kinda lame to just trying more and more to copy their sound and what they are doing.