IGNORED

Max/MSP

Adieu

• 3 weeks later...

started in on the tutorials again w/an actual goal this time. hoping i can get into daily habit of chipping away at things in max.

• Like 1

Had the goal of learning it but started VCV rack and pretty much sidelined and use that instead haha it's a bit more direct and usable straight away BUT

Max seems sooooo flexible and full of possibilities! Building nearly everything gives you such depth and precision! fuck i have to get back at it.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Fuk I just missed the summer sale! 

Is it too late to ask them for the offer? 

It is a quite different between $299 and $399 for a full license. Or should I wait to black friday or something? FUK 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone knows a place or something where I can see like Max projects being discussed or source code to play with? I only find step by step tutorials but I like to fiddle with it by myself too.

4 minutes ago, logakght said:

Anyone knows a place or something where I can see like Max projects being discussed or source code to play with? I only find step by step tutorials but I like to fiddle with it by myself too.

there's a discord. 

https://discord.gg/FWnktQ2m

the tutorials in max and all the help file patchers are a goldmine. delicious tutorials is good and the ones built in to max as well. musichackspace.org has lot's of tutorials by different people w/different styles of explaining and patching etc that are helpful. 

also, the various books offer a lot. the step by step sequencing book is A+ and the music and sound design using max.. series is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, cern said:

Im interested in building dope sequencers in MAX for controlling MIDI. 

And not only a simple 16 Step sequencer. 

if you haven't yet, check out the "step by step" book. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:49 PM, ignatius said:

there's a discord. 

https://discord.gg/FWnktQ2m

the tutorials in max and all the help file patchers are a goldmine. delicious tutorials is good and the ones built in to max as well. musichackspace.org has lot's of tutorials by different people w/different styles of explaining and patching etc that are helpful. 

also, the various books offer a lot. the step by step sequencing book is A+ and the music and sound design using max.. series is great.

I started reading Electronic Music and Sound Design vol.1 and I find it way better for beginner than the step sequencing book (more for intermediate users I guess)

• Like 1