IGNORED

What other message boards do you use?

Npoess

So.. What other message boards do you guys use?

Just bored and curious.

Watmm is the only message board I regularly contribute to. Maybe there are other good forums out there, I haven't discovered yet? And obviously.. lol in advance to anyone who writes Xltronic or Twoism (or the Aphex Twin subforum).

MAxsz.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm member number 8 at xltronic but I haven't actively posted there since 2004. Also I have two dupes there, which despite acknowledging by conducting a three-way conversation between them about how they're all me, still didn't get me banned.

I lurk at chipmusic.org and the Renoise forums probably once every 4 to 6 months but they don't seem as open to non-music related discussion as WATMM is.

gearslutz and taperssection though i don't participate in those a few subreddits

Gearslutz is sometimes a great source of information, though more often its just a bunch of people telling you that you need better gear and assuming you want your stuff to sound like TOP 40.

P.S. Is your room treated?

My first forum was an Agetec forum, they're the people that did King's Field, RPG Maker, and localized the Armored Core titles from Japan. I used to go on a few hockey forums, but not really since I couldn't afford to play anymore. I lurk GameFAQs and the Battle.net boards that pertain to games I play (Starcraft 2, Diablo 3). I make intermittent visits to Smashboards to see the local goings-on of the local Super Smash Brothers Melee scene.

Currently I frequent:

WATMM

Team Liquid

Facepunch Studios

I also use Youtube to talk to a few people and a few of you are probably aware that I post tracks up there on not-set intervals.

xltronic...

is that were banned watmm members go to die?

I'm pretty sure the banned members go to the Facebook group or the unnameable counterpart forum.

My first forum was an Agetec forum, they're the people that did King's Field, RPG Maker, and localized the Armored Core titles from Japan. I used to go on a few hockey forums, but not really since I couldn't afford to play anymore. I lurk GameFAQs and the Battle.net boards that pertain to games I play (Starcraft 2, Diablo 3). I make intermittent visits to Smashboards to see the local goings-on of the local Super Smash Brothers Melee scene.

Currently I frequent:

WATMM

Team Liquid

Facepunch Studios

I also use Youtube to talk to a few people and a few of you are probably aware that I post tracks up there on not-set intervals.

xltronic...

is that were banned watmm members go to die?

I'm pretty sure the banned members go to the Facebook group or the unnameable counterpart forum.

I've been trying to communicate this but supposedly you can't type xltronic.com here without it changing to xltronic by default. I don't even know how Salvatorin posted that link because it wouldn't even allow me to post the post I made when I quoted it.

Edit: oh you were talking about it.

So what are some good subreddits?

There are so many, it depends on what your interests are. I picked some I like, and you can use www.metareddit.com to search for more. Here's a multireddit link for some of my favorites, though I have 141 added, there are shitloads

http://www.reddit.com/r/Singularity+Futurology+Transhuman+Cyberpunk+Heavymind+Fifthworldpics+Audioengineering+Depthhub+Energy+ElitistClassical+Anarchism+netsec+TrueFilm+Android

(unsubscribe from all the mainstream ones, they typically suck).

hipster.

It's true, for reddit and many other places, the 'eternal september' kills what once was and one must distance oneself from it.

So what are some good subreddits?

There are so many, it depends on what your interests are. I picked some I like, and you can use www.metareddit.com to search for more. Here's a multireddit link for some of my favorites, though I have 141 added, there are shitloads

http://www.reddit.com/r/Singularity+Futurology+Transhuman+Cyberpunk+Heavymind+Fifthworldpics+Audioengineering+Depthhub+Energy+ElitistClassical+Anarchism+netsec+TrueFilm+Android

(unsubscribe from all the mainstream ones, they typically suck).

hipster.

It's true, for reddit and many other places, the 'eternal september' kills what once was and one must distance oneself from it.

yeah i totally agree.

Reddit has alot of amazing content peppered about, but the mainstream of it is le stupid and le depressing.

Archived