IGNORED

Movies with Good Music

Danny O Flannagin

Post some movies with good music.

Off the top of my head, Children of Men had Aphex Twin and King Crimson

Lost in Translation had Squarepusher and My Bloody Valentine

Dont remember specifics but Layer Cake's soundtrack seemed to fit well

Are we talking original soundtracks or just licensed tracks?

The use of Aphex in Children of Men was pretty embarrassing. "Look at this silly hippie listening to silly weird music. Look at him go lolz!" What a stupid useless scene in an otherwise okay movie.

Anyways. The music in Stalker was pretty cool. Same with Inland Empire, Drive and Oldboy, but to be honest, I find a lot of movie soundtracks to be extremely generic. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but there seems to be more good game soundtrack than movie soundtracks atm.

The use of Aphex in Children of Men was pretty embarrassing. "Look at this silly hippie listening to silly weird music. Look at him go lolz!" What a stupid useless scene in an otherwise okay movie.

I kinda liked that scene because it was surprising to hear Aphex twin in a movie and it added to character development. it wasn't that long a scene anyway so no complaints

My favorites:

Kenji Kawai (Ghost in the Shell, Avalon), Manic (Aphex, Squarepusher, Broadcast, etc. Good movie as well), Pi (autechre, etc), Man With the Movie Camera (Cinema Orchestra, amazing soundtrack with amazing images), Decoder, Forbidden Planet (essential) and ofcourse the obligatory Scarface and A Clockwork Orange.

If you want to discover some amazing obscure 50's/60's/70's/80's (italian/german/whatever) soundtracks, check channel 4 (the dream machine) of Intergalactic FM (best radiostation in the world) - https://intergalactic.fm/#

My favorites:

Kenji Kawai (Ghost in the Shell, Avalon), Manic (Aphex, Squarepusher, Broadcast, etc. Good movie as well), Pi (autechre, etc), Man With the Movie Camera (Cinema Orchestra, amazing soundtrack with amazing images), Decoder, Forbidden Planet (essential) and ofcourse the obligatory Scarface and A Clockwork Orange.

If you want to discover some amazing obscure 50's/60's/70's/80's (italian/german/whatever) soundtracks, check channel 4 (the dream machine) of Intergalactic FM (best radiostation in the world) - https://intergalactic.fm/#

I don't recall any of the music in Scarface. Didnt really stand out

all Werner Herzog films that were scored by Popol Vuh, particularly Aguirre: The Wrath Of God.

Blade Runner

Europa

There Will Be Blood

Alien

the Man With No Name trilogy.

My favorites:

Best montage track ever...! Not really, but Giorgio Moroder's tracks are cool.

I did forget to name the score for Donnie Darko (also the soundtrack has some cool 80's tracks, but the ambient score is an old favorite of mine).

My favorites:

Best montage track ever...! Not really, but Giorgio Moroder's tracks are cool.

I did forget to name the score for Donnie Darko (also the soundtrack has some cool 80's tracks, but the ambient score is an old favorite of mine).

you don't remember this from gta iii also

Total Recall, Tron (original), Aliens, The Explorers, Assault on Precinct 13, Dawn of the Dead, Fright Night (original), Terminator 1, Predator & Predator 2, Star Trek 2: the wrath of khan, Midnight Express, Sorcerer, Thief, Firestarter

all Werner Herzog films that were scored by Popol Vuh, particularly Aguirre: The Wrath Of God.

I stopped by to say this.

I love Popol Vuh.

Others:

Dead Man by Jim Jarmusch has that awsome, dirty guitar solo score by Neil Young.

Sling Blade's sndtrk (Daniel Lanois) has a great ambient country electro vibe.

Other than that, Ferris Bueller's Day Off has the best soundtrack (unreleased) of all time.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Suprised nobody has mentioned Fantastic Planet or Les Maitres Du Temps yet, Rene Laloux had an awesome ear for film soundtracks.

Original

Preadtor

Batman (Tim Burton)

Back to the Future

Robocop

Phantom Menace

Blade Runner

Runaway Train

The Keep

Tron Legacy

Thief

Serbian Film

Sexy Beast

Solaris

Big Trouble in Little China (and and any other Carpenter soundtrack)

licenced

Boogie Nights

Big Lebowski

Trainspotting

Watchmen

Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas

Goodfellas

Pye

Heat

Drive

Manhunter

Rocky IV :emb:

Even though some might consider it a very average movie (I really love it though). Four Brothers actually has one of the best movie soundtracks I've ever heard. Lots of Motown and Marvin Gaye in it.

The intro scene where there's a car driving through Detroit with Marvin Gaye over it, is worth watching the movie for alone.

Remeber hearing these two in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usl-h5f-8W0

Archived