GREAT GALLOPING DICKS I HAVE A NEW ALBUM OUT

http://cryptowen.bandcamp.com/album/microtrx

OMG WHAT A COOL TITLE

OMG WHAT A COOL COVER

M42fj.jpg

MAN THAT'S COOL

I WANNA PUT SOME OF THAT IN ME

YOU LIKE AMBIENT MUSIC? SON WE GOT AMBIENT

DRONE? HELZ YEH! BEATS HELZ YEAH! JUSTIN BIEBER?

GTFO I ONLY LISTEN 2 NICKELBACK MORE LIKE SUCKSTIN BIEBER

26 TRX! 31 MINUTES! THAT'S FRIGGIN EFFICIENT

GET ON IT SONIC

Lots of really nice sounds and ideas on here, but I would love to hear something of yours where you've fleshed out the tracks more...

Really enjoyable anyway though. downloading.

my favorite track is "techno"

really pretty.

but I would love to hear something of yours where you've fleshed out the tracks more...

I like to alternate between "lotsa tracks with little time investment" albums & "few tracks with lots of time investment" albums. This new one's the former but my last one was the latter ( http://cryptowen.bandcamp.com/album/land-maps-4x2 ), one before that was the former ( http://cryptowen.bandcamp.com/album/trax-2011 ), etc

on my next one i might get totally ridiculous & pull a "10 tracks over the course of 2 hours with no noticable transitions" type of deal

I downloaded and listened to land maps a few times, and not to be horribly rude, but I think you can do better than that. It's a good album, but the sounds and atmosphere are not as good as a lot of the tracks from this release.

I guess what I mean is that I am looking forward to your next longform release.

not to be horribly rude, but I think you can do better than that.

nah man i totally agree with you there. landmaps is probably my least favourite out of all the stuff i've done. it was an experiment in trying to make music without crazy noises in it, & tbh I've thought about expunging it from my bandcamp page a few times (actually now that i'm relistening to it i think SHE GON GET THE BOOT)

I don't think you should remove it. My comment was only referring to your potential, I don't want to make you critical of past stuff you've done, because there is no point in that.

I don't want to make you critical of past stuff you've done, because there is no point in that.

I wouldn't call myself critical of my past efforts, cuz even the ones I don't particularly dig taught me a lot (landmaps for example gave me a bunch of ideas for making harmonic progressions), but I do like to go back & trim my music & picture output (I have an album I made back when I was 16, a year before Plate Tectonics, that's never been up on bandcamp).

I look at sites I actively use like SC/BC/tumblr as my choice cuts, with anything else I make appearing there for a while & then drifting off into the mists to be spoke of in legendary terms when I'm crazy famous & living in a house made of moonrocks (I didn't gank this from boards of canada I ganked it from beanie babies)

Guest Frankie5fingers

Just gave this a full listen. damn dude this is great. the progression of the album is great and there is a lot of variety. i cant pick out one song that id say is my fav cause i love em all. wonderful album.

Hey Cryptowen, I'm sorry about being so critical. This is in EKT, not YLC, and I respect that this is a published work, not a draft. On second listen, I think you are really on the right track with this album, and I want to say that "techno" really is masterful. really good textures and atmosphere, great melodies.

2013 is going to be a good year for music, I can tell already

echo all the nice comments -- this is really relaxed and i feel like i just hung out with you (cryptowen) for a bit (it was fun). can't wait to hear your next one. =]

Hey Cryptowen, I'm sorry about being so critical. This is in EKT, not YLC, and I respect that this is a published work, not a draft.

hey it's all cool, i actually really love hearing negative feedback. Helps me out a lot (and I don't really do new year's resolutions but one of the things that's been on my mind lately is to be more open about giving people constructive negative feedback because i feel that would be best in the long run)

can't wait to hear your next one. =]

thanks brah. I've really stepped up the amount of time I spend working on music lately (aprox 80% of this album was made in the last two weeks). I haven't decided yet if my future releases will follow the jandekian model (album every few months), the early idm model (shitton of tracks whittled down to 10-20ish), or the 00s idm model (working on tracks for ages)

I like how you're progressing man. A lot of cool ideas in here. Looking forward to the next one.

Also lol at the jandekian/IDM era models, I am definitely 00s idm model

Thanks A/D!

and speaking of future releases I've also been sort of leaning lately towards focusing my efforts more towards video production (not just weird little vignettes like I've done in the past, but stuff with a plot and actual animation and/or acting etc), which would lead to all sorts of neat opportunities for incidental music cues or melodic sound effect design

Guest vletrmx

song4sum1speshal is way 2deep4u

In all seriousness this is seriously cool, I love the bleepy spacey happy feel (e.g. Saint John, Drone Water Dragon).

Archived