IGNORED

Relationship Advice...

Guest appleneon8

Well, hopefully that's it, and she's not inquiring about whether I'm into women taller than 5'2.... because fuck those giantesses.

(I would)

(just kidding 5'3 is insanely tall.  don't be ridiculous.)

• Like 1

But " means inches? 160 inches is problematically tall imo.

25 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Was just sent the best tinder opening line:

"Hey, u into anything above 160?"

She's the one.

She's 4 metres tall. Please let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

160 bpm right? I got it? 

Reveal hidden contents

:dadjoke:

The women was referring to centimetres but you intentionally misunderstood it as "beats per minute", which is funny because we are on a music forum, one that allows music above 160bpm at that. This was the joke.

Edited by dingformung
I corrected a mistake that I made
  • Burger 1

Hey, you into anything below 15? :spiteful:

edit: I'm not referring to age, jfc

Anyway

7UDmerv.png

Edited by zkom
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

160 lbs perhaps? Do you like big butts and cannot lie? 

37 minutes ago, dingformung said:

The women was referring to centimetres but you intentionally misunderstood it as "beats per minute", which is funny because we are on a music forum, one that allows music above 160bpm at that. This was the joke.

46 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

But " means inches? 160 inches is problematically tall imo.

She's 4 metres tall. Please let us know how it goes.

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

160 bpm right? I got it? 

Reveal hidden contents

:dadjoke:

She was referring to bpm.  Why else would I say "she's the one"?  Whole profile is like a shrine to aggro electronic music.  

Yeah, when she popped up I was like "are you kidding me??  Cool."  I thought it unlikely that we'd match, since... I swear on average I prob swipe right on 100+ women before one will do the same on me.

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

This is actually a pretty nice way of looking at it, in just don't know if I'm going to be capable of thinking about heartbreak this way. Right now it just hurts lol. I cant see it as the good part right now, maybe later. Or maybe i need you force myself to change my mindset idk.

Edited by thumbass

breakups are incredibly painful but can result in the most valuable friendships if you get your shit together and don't let yourself get carried away with toxicity, as it happened between my last ex and me. i can hardly express my appreciation of the fact i can turn to someone who really knows me, including the most intimate and ugly parts i wouldn't want to bother more casual aquaintances with.

very much worth it imo. i wish you the same.

• Like 1

it's been pretty much exactly 4 years since we split up and i can guarantee you that is not the case. we're also both on swell terms with her now-married ex ex, who used to be my flatmate... dunno lol, guess we're just a bunch of hippies or something.

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

breakups are incredibly painful but can result in the most valuable friendships if you get your shit together and don't let yourself get carried away with toxicity, as it happened between my last ex and me. i can hardly express my appreciation of the fact i can turn to someone who really knows me, including the most intimate and ugly parts i wouldn't want to bother more casual aquaintances with.

yep, i agree:)

• Thanks 1

I've never remained friends with anyone I've dated.  The one I'd been with 10 years gave me an ultimatum like "if you break up with me now, you can never see or speak to me again."  So that's that.  And the most recent one decided out of the blue that distance would be best (this was 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet up for the first time after breaking up).  So I view romantic relationships as eventual friendship enders.  But it's not the case for everyone, just has been in my experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

We are trying to stay friends but right now it just makes me think about what could have been. I'm trying not to get too toxic and move on. I think that when time passes I'll be happy i decided to remain friends 'cause we know each other well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

We are trying to stay friends but right now it just makes me think about what could have been. I'm trying not to get too toxic and move on. I think that when time passes I'll be happy i decided to remain friends 'cause we know each other well.

You're still very young iirc. I'd say time is the healer of all wounds, but it surely matters how you spend that time, too... Be around people you like being around, concentrate on the goals you pursue, if there aren't any in particular rn set some for yourself, take care of yourself. Believe me i know from experience it's far easier said than done.

The pain will stop eventually. All the best!

5 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

it's been pretty much exactly 4 years since we split up and i can guarantee you that is not the case. we're also both on swell terms with her now-married ex ex, who used to be my flatmate... dunno lol, guess we're just a bunch of hippies or something.

Or an incestuous family? Are you guys related?

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

You're still very young iirc. I'd say time is the healer of all wounds, but it surely matters how you spend that time, too... Be around people you like being around, concentrate on the goals you pursue, if there aren't any in particular rn set some for yourself, take care of yourself. Believe me i know from experience it's far easier said than done.

The pain will stop eventually. All the best!

Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. I know I'm going to get over it at some point, for now I'm gonna keep my head up and continue moving. The setting goals thing is a pretty good suggestion as I do not plan on sitting around wallowing in my emotions anymore.

6 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I've never remained friends with anyone I've dated.  The one I'd been with 10 years gave me an ultimatum like "if you break up with me now, you can never see or speak to me again."  So that's that.  And the most recent one decided out of the blue that distance would be best (this was 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet up for the first time after breaking up).  So I view romantic relationships as eventual friendship enders.  But it's not the case for everyone, just has been in my experience.

I've never really been to do this after the end of a long term, intense relationship. I never saw the point. However, shorter term relationships totally, though if the other person was more emotionally invested, it still took time and investment to re-establish and form a new friendship.

Either way, it's a testament to the quality of a friendship if you can do this, but needs authenticity. 

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

All the best with this. It's good that you can recognise the potential for toxicity. Coming out of a relationship is akin to withdrawals from addiction, making sure you have a people to listen  and talk to, as well as giving you a kick up the arse if needed, is important (IMO). 

• Thanks 1