IGNORED

Million Dollar Extreme's Youtube account got pulled down

gmanyo

yeah it was pretty weak

episode 5 was the best, maybe with 3. i like when they allow the humor to take a backseat to melancholy and surrealism, reminds me of chris morris and jam. i would enjoy a second season but i think they need to spend more time writing and less time relying on relatively weak improv skills. 

i would enjoy a second season but i think they need to spend more time writing and less time relying on relatively weak improv skills.

yea, improv works for shitty throwaway youtube vids but on the show it comes off as cheap. Worth noting though some of the material (the emo band skit) is at least 2 years old at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhde6PALMRM

i think it's a bit of misguided punk bravado, like the most counter culture thing he can do is fight against an overriding liberal culture, which is probably also the culture he grew up around. it's impossible not to see that in all the early mde stuff, the yale and rutgers things, he's pushing back against what he probably perceives as political correctness. he's going to extremes with this show but it's all kind of misguided because it's obvious from that subreddit and his constant posting on /pol that he's appealing to alt right morons. he even went on anthony cumia's "network" lol for an interview with that guy who got fired from vice magazine, and if you watch that interview i think it reveals sam's intentions. he seems kind of uncomfortable with how earnest the guy is (gavin something) in his bigotry, missing the point of a lot of sam's humor. i think this is the risk you take when you're being incendiary for the sake of it, a number of your fans are going to be idiots.

spot on imo

damn. i'm finding it hard to disagree with this ..

for me at least .. it plays into the whole, enjoying their style of comedy .. while not agreeing with anything else they're saying or represent.

// gonna cut this post short here before i end up repeating myself heh.

iirc there was a phone call with Sam and the vice guy where Sam seemed basically out of character (to whatever extent that's possible) and he's kind of calling out the vice guy's bullshit persona of "edginess."

I mean, if Sam went on reddit and said "yo this is me being real" and then proceeded to explain his entire comic persona and how he does not in fact hold the views he often presents (for example in his standup) it would kind of spoil the fun. One of the reasons something like his Williamsburg homophobic standup is so good is bc he never (afaik) makes a clear distinction between that character and his own personal views. This is one of the ways his material feels so uncomfortable. If he was like "lol I'm just trying to pwn liberals and simultaneously mock alt-right ideas" it wouldn't be that compelling.

yeah it's funny but still not sure why you need this kind behavior at all- i've cooled on sam because of this. the other two seem to be just as entertaining without any of that "alt-right" stuff (not even sure what it means other than retards on the internet who are racist, sexist, homophobic jingoists? w/e) We all love taking the piss out of brooklyn hipsters and yale shitheads but there comes a time when you draw a line in the sand and say "hey I went to RISD and my style is David Lynch + PFFR"

next good move would be to pull back and be as PC as possible, so much so that its continues the ???? hype rather than continuing to plunge into the depths of reddit-tard fan support imo

People writing paragraph after paragraph of analysis, what the hell? It's just silly comedy what the fuck are u guys doing deconstructing it like it's Shakespeare lol you are literally the people mde makes fun of loooooool the irony

• 2 weeks later...

i'm surprised the other guy they mentioned in that article never got the attention he (imo) deserves. haven't seen anyone around here talk about "Jace Connors" aka ParkourDude91 aka the man behind Deagle Nation

but that buzzfeed article (and the one they link to that they did all about jace) illustrates exactly why deagle nation's body of work is doomed to obscurity. the left wing idiots at buzzfeed (and across youtube as evidenced by comments still left on their vids to this day) couldn't see the blatantly obvious joke behind it, and ironically missed the point that deaglenation was created to mock the real or imaginary mt dew guzzling gamers/gamergaters who love guns and fantasize about being ex navy seals. the dude was doing something that the people at buzzfeed, and lefties across youtube and against gamergate should've actually sympathized with, but were too retarded to see that it was (blatantly obvious) satire (hilariously culminating in this comedic masterpiece that resulted in brianna wu claiming to have got a restraining order against and threatening to sue jace, who isn't even a real person) sad, because imo the fact that he stayed in character for years is pretty impressive, especially with how absurd the character was, and there are some pretty hilarious nuggets in their output.

i think they acted too hastily when they pulled the plug and did the stream admitting it was all satire, even if wu was threatening to sue them. she was threatening to sue fictional characters. if they had just held the course a while longer it could've payed off huge, but instead they wimped out