IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM A2

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not sure if I should pick this up or not.

On one hand, it's well produced with some sweet melodies and stuff. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a single original idea in here. How anyone with this kind of talent decides to 'waste' it like this, is beyond me.

too bad friendly foils music is garbage because he sure likes to shit talk every new release. you would think that someone who scrutinizes other peoples music so harshly that they themselves could at least put out something halfway listenable. foil cant though

On one hand, it's well produced with some sweet melodies and stuff. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a single original idea in here. How anyone with this kind of talent decides to 'waste' it like this, is beyond me.

too bad friendly foils music is garbage because he sure likes to shit talk every new release. you would think that someone who scrutinizes other peoples music so harshly that they themselves could at least put out something halfway listenable. foil cant though

That's a hella lame argument, to be fair. I can say that a car is ugly, even though I can't build a car myself. I can say that a building look like crap, even though I'm no architect myself.

The guy puts his music out there for everyone to hear, so negative reactions (I don't even really think I was being that mean with that comment) are part of the package.

That's a hella lame argument, to be fair. I can say that a car is ugly, even though I can't build a car myself. I can say that a building look like crap, even though I'm no architect myself.

The guy puts his music out there for everyone to hear, so negative reactions (I don't even really think I was being that mean with that comment) are part of the package.

you seem to build your own music (which sucks)

And I can say that a piece of music isn't very good/sucks, even though I suck at music myself. What's your point? That only positive comment should be allowed on here?

And I can say that a piece of music isn't very good/sucks, even though I suck at music myself. What's your point? That only positive comment should be allowed on here?

my point was that an architect can give you better reasons why a building sucks than someone that doesnt know shit about buildings and just doesnt like it. i just thought it was funny that i saw so many comments on this site of you ragging on buildings and you build tents yourself.

my point was that an architect can give you better reasons why a building sucks than someone that doesnt know shit about buildings and just doesnt like it. i just thought it was funny that i saw so many comments on this site of you ragging on buildings and you build tents yourself.

I guess that invalidates the opinion of every single person on here who doesn't make music themselves. That sucks..

(Won't derail this any further. sorry op :blush: )

I guess that invalidates the opinion of every single person on here who doesn't make music themselves. That sucks..

this, indeed, has to be the weakest argument ever. you don't need a PhD in music theory to know if you like a music or not. music appreciation is only a matter of opinion. also, jodey kendrick is an aphex twin copycat, so it's fair to judge the quality of his music by aphex twin's standards, in which case he "loses". not that music is a competition but if you copy heavily on someone's ideas, you shall expect to be judged by that person's standards.

back to topic, a very well-executed copy of drukqs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3c02cPlMo

New series, EDM (Electric Dance Music) compiles 13 tracks from 11 producers affiliated to Rephlex Records. Some of the names are recognisable, yet the majority are new to us. We're talking Alain Kepler and Black Narcissus with the Drexciyan depths of 'Submerged Pulsar' and 'Dyna 4'; Rob Kidley with the hyper-active, AFXian funk of 'Men Part 2' (a rework of his classic?) and the spannered brokebeats of 'Data Sync'; a pair of super sour and complex rave dynamos by Jidomatix; The fibrillating, Detroit-like hi-tech funk of Jodey Kendrick as Steel Erector on '3aremaster' and in abstract, radiophonic mode as +10 for 'Covu', complemented by a string of awesome electro-acoustic and computer noise abstractions from Numerology Songs, Heidi Lord, and Trevor Dags. You know the score…

655286a4ea4e2d43da96d37657a9a532.jpg

As Jodey Kendrick fans can probably already tell by the artwork and the artists names alone, this is basically an album almost exclusively of his music released as a compilation under his many different aliases. If you like, I recommend checking out the Black Narcissus X [Jodey] soundcloud page.

Tracklisting exactly as it appears on the cd case:

01 Submerged Pulsar - Alain Kepler
02 Dyna 4 - Black Narcissus
03 Men Part 2 - Rob Kidley
04 Data Sync - Rob Kidley
05 Coronet - J. K.
06 Origo-Tech - Jidomatix
07 PH Lop - Jidomatix
08 3aremaster - Steel Erector
09 I’m Unemployed - Co Mendez
10 Fre Que Ncy - Numerology Songs
11 Beyond 0 - Heidi Lord
12 covu - +10
13 Ukraine - Trevor Dags

"As the title suggests, the music on this CD is Electric Dance Music. Or Electronic Dance music if you prefer?

The music here is presented by a brand new European imprint, set on maintaining a low profile but bringing together its favourite artists from various established labels as well as fresh new talent. All the music is made with computers as well as hardware synthesizers and effects. This first CD compilation represents the first of 26 releases in the set! The beats range from about 130 bpm to 180 bpm. This is music for dancing and more besides.

Some have compared it to the music of Squarepusher, Underground Resistance, Drexciya or Aphex Twin or labels such as Warp, Planet Mu & Rephlex - but this is a very rough approximation. Such subjects of comparison vary enough already, without considering the bonus intensely ambient set you will find towards the end of the album. Sterling work, bring on the next volume!" - norman records

Listening to it right now. Some kewl stuff.

"This first CD compilation represents the first of 26 releases in the set!": this disturbs me though ^^ lol 26? damn ^^ k

this, indeed, has to be the weakest argument ever. you don't need a PhD in music theory to know if you like a music or not. music appreciation is only a matter of opinion. also, jodey kendrick is an aphex twin copycat, so it's fair to judge the quality of his music by aphex twin's standards, in which case he "loses". not that music is a competition but if you copy heavily on someone's ideas, you shall expect to be judged by that person's standards.

back to topic, a very well-executed copy of drukqs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3c02cPlMo

WHOA, I can't believe how much of a MEN 1 homage that track is. That's amazing. Also it's kinda awesome.

Rephlex releasing so much overtly pseudo-AFX music has got to be one of the biggest mind fucks ever. I love it.

Also, what happened in this thread. Hi Jodey? Chill y'all

EDIT: also lol at this series being called 'EDM'. This is... not what the kids will be expecting. Reminds me of the Rephlex `GRIME` series. Which are still awesome, btw.

Whats with all these aliases?

When I was just looking some reactions on the Jodey Kendrick page I found out that Heidi is his wife that also has a track on the (Heidi Lord). She asked on Jodey Kendrick's page if someone liked her track on the album. She also has a fb page as Heidi Kendrick / Heidi Lord.

Also he said he is responsible for only 30% on the album. It's proven (for me at least) that it's not 100% him on there, maybe there would be more people anonymously joining in (insert obvious AFX suspicion :mu-ziq::mu-ziq::mu-ziq: )

INDUS SILVER CLUB

INDO SILVER CLUB

also, i did some research on the edm a2 aliases:

01 Submerged Pulsar - Alain Kepler

no idea about that
02 Dyna 4 - Black Narcissus

no idea about that

03 Men Part 2 - Rob Kidley

digital label "swishcotheque", which released stuff by chris moss acid and polysick, lists him as an artist, no releases by him, though. http://www.swishco.co.uk/rob-kidley

the profile pic of rob kidley shows us crocodile dundee.
04 Data Sync - Rob Kidley

same as 03
05 Coronet - J. K.

obviously J.K.= Jodey Kendrick, also he used this alias on the CAT197EP
06 Origo-Tech - Jidomatix

obviously Jodey Kendrick, as we alle now his youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JIDOMATIX
07 PH Lop - Jidomatix

same as 06
08 3aremaster - Steel Erector

obviously Jodey Kendrick as he used "Steel Erector" as an album title
09 I’m Unemployed - Co Mendez

no idea about this one
10 Fre Que Ncy - Numerology Songs

also no idea
11 Beyond 0 - Heidi Lord

Heidi is the name of jodey's wife, also there's a track called "Heidi Funk" on Steel Erector, so probably this track is also by JK.
12 covu - +10

+10 is an alias used multiple times by JK.
13 Ukraine - Trevor Dags

trevor dags was a fictional character impersonated by paul hogan in his paul hogan show.

most of you will know paul hogan in his most famous role, which is crocodile dundee.

here's the trevor dags sketch:

so as we can see, the conclusion has to be trevor dags == rob kidley.

while researching, i noticed that the track "my mate aelfric" on steel erector probably is a shout out for

Aelfric Michael Avery, the guy who hosted Napalm Enema Records, the label where JK released his first EP under the alias "+10 acid crew". Aelfric was also on this EP under the alias "acid elf".

I know Jodey has taken ownership of the Jidomatix moniker, but after listening repeatedly to those tracks, I still have a suspicion it's Richard and they're pulling a Syntheme/Goon style ruse on us. It just apes soo many of Rich's trademark production flourishes, vocal samples, changing the track in the very last few seconds, sublime sense of melody, and his bizarre but wonderful songwriting. JK would have had to spend years studying every aspect of AFX music (not to say that's not possible). I think RDJ has used the YouTube channel to show fans he still has the shit, but ain't ready or maybe able to release an album right now due to whatever drama he's wrapped up in. still waiting for my copy of EDM to arrive before i pass judgement, but this is my suspicion.

@Rubin Farr

not really

there was a track I posted on the Steel Erector thread from the jidomatix youtube.. the use of dblue Glitch or w/e stepfx is something I don't see someone like Richard doing.. (0:55 and onwards, silly shit!)

Jodey Kendrick also has an actual face who performs etc (unlike the Tuss)

he has the sounds but there's definitely something missing to be AFX tracks.

Archived