IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM A2

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, these are some seriously good/original tracks Heidi! any chances these will see the light of day or maybe a bandcamp release? :emotawesomepm9:

yeah man, seconded. EE.HL.3 is one of the coolest tracks I've heard in a while....

would definitely buy an album of this (or stuff like this).

if the 'english electric' soundcloud really is JK, it's by far my favorite thing he's produced, sounds very fresh. I hope that release sees the light of day.

The tracks on that soundcloud are by 'Heidi Lord' or, Spunk Monkey. And apparently, Heidi Lord is Jodey's wife. (at least according to this post)

This is craaaaazy

wow, these are some seriously good/original tracks Heidi! any chances these will see the light of day or maybe a bandcamp release? :emotawesomepm9:

yeah man, seconded. EE.HL.3 is one of the coolest tracks I've heard in a while....

would definitely buy an album of this (or stuff like this).

SAME

So, EDM A2 arrived in the post the other day. This album is seriously mint. Listened to the Englsih Electric tracks too and they are fantastic also. Some serious badass stuff here.

My compliments to the chef!

Just listened to this through in Mumu. Good stuff. I'm glad to see the Jidomatix track get a release. Good work on the investigative front as well. I have to imagine the "I'm Unemployed" is a nod to afx in some way, but maybe not.

Guest Retrig

Ordered with Photodementia LP. If that Data Sync track ISN'T aphex then I will invade England and find and crown the new Richard D. James.

Rob Kidley = RDJ or I'll eat my hat with pics. Data Sync and Men Part 2.... Gold.

Edit: Or at least join Herr Jan for the whole invade and crown thing. This whole album is braindance at its best.

Funny how this comp has gone from beig all Jodey to pretty much anyone on Rephlex. Methinks the ambient tracks are Heidi, and I stand by my Jidomatix/RDJ theory, they're just too good.

Also don't believe the horseshit about this not being a Rephlex release. They are obviously in the game of not putting their name, logo, or CAT numbers on releases anymore. Take this CD, and put it next to the EOD v1 CD, same exact barcode locations, similar barcode numbers, on both spines, and same exact SRD distribution logo in same location. Unless SRD is doing cover design for its labels' releases, busted!

some of the Jidomatix stuff is of a different quality, i can't say for sure its RDJ though. I think it's safe to say that Rephlex is effectively fucking with even their most hardcore knowledgeable fans with this era. IF RDJ is pushing out his music via hard to pin down 100% 'this is aphex' aliases, he's succeeded.

I haven't said this since The Tuss, but I would be amazed if at least a couple tracks on this were not RDJ. Using some of the exact same sounds and arrangements as his more "recent" work.

If it's not, then serious props to whoever made these, because this is some of the best music of this kind I've heard in a long time. Was not expecting much out of this after being disappointed with a lot of the latest Rephlex stuff, but this surprised me in a great way.

Archived