IGNORED

Xtal vocal source

salvakkpooo

pretty slick find! i think he mashed up the vocal quite well considering the original source. i can't wait to blast Xtal again, its been ages!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, on an interesting side note, I'd recognise that "five" anywhere. Speed up slightly the guy introducing each a cappella, and there's BT's Fibonacci Sequence. I haven't been this excited since I heard Sounds of the South, which contains pretty much the entirety of the vocals for Moby's album Play including the B-sides, or the Ultimate Breaks and Beats series, which is the basis of pretty much the entire hip hop genre. ;)

Great find, thanks!

zoeb posted this in a different aphex thread: http://bytenoise.co.uk/The_Aphex_Effect.jpg

clearly rdj does not sample from other records so i don't know what the fuck you guys think you're hearing in the o.p.

For the new people into Aphex Twin: He lies in interviews.

lol

What thing is funny in my statement?

my original post was just a joke mate ; )

I know and I think that everyone in here knows that. So I thought that nobody would reply to that pointing that it was a joke and I thought about that the new people into Aphex Twin would believe in the interview.

I should have made some other joke replying to yours ending with ":p" instead.

This was such a tasty bit of information, tasty like the Good Old Days of sucking on the pink ice cream of a Funny Foot or sucking on the citrus swirl of a lemonade Sparkle.

Nice post and thank you

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

They were initially released in the 80s (I think?) as a collection of library records for use in TV / film and other things. Pretty much all of them are collections of really interesting electronic productions, lush stuff.

The series is still going today in fact. They're owned by Universal now and publish newer library recordings under the label for free on their library music website. Sadly it seems they don't own the back catalogue so the best records are missing from download, plus you have to be a registered business in the UK or Eire to be able to register for download (I just registered under a new company name as a student, hopefully I'll be accepted to their catalogue!)

Archived