IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The vibe I get from machinedrum is like he plays a gig and chills for like 20 minutes in the afterparty on the couch with lots of coked out broads twisting his mustache and feeling his chest and cool bros giving him fist bumps, and then he's like "k guize i got 2 dip" and they're all like 'aww man okay cya machinedrum' and he goes back to his room and reads the boc forum alone

Sweet baby Jesus this made me lol

Also, that's really nice album artwork

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

Jesus, if eyesdontlie represents the sex worker's district in this city, what does bodytouch represent?

Machinedrum Talks Dreams, BPM, And Reveals All About New Album "Vapor City"

Highlights

• About the live-show: Audio-wise it’s me on synth and vocals and playing guitar, and manipulating elements of the tracks, and I’ll be playing with a drummer who’s also triggering some sounds
  • Richard Devine, who actually did a lot of the sound design on "Baby It's U"
  • You said you had a repository of 70 songs, what will you do with the rest?
    Those songs will emerge as b-sides on EPs, or they’ll be bonus content

Interesting interview. Has anyone seen any more info on the Vapor City citizen thing he mentioned? At first read it sounds like a season pass or whatever they call it for some of the bigger video games that've been done lately, where you pay a bit more up front but get a year's worth of 'exclusive' content. Could be interesting.

The video for Eyesdontlie is pretty awesome. And the tour could be interesting...hopefully he tours somewhere near enough for me to make it. (NEW ORLEANS DUDE COME TO NEW ORLEANS)

Leaked on Funkysouls.

Hahahaha

User "ninja407" writes: "you guys are fucking dicks for posting this a month before the release date. . . karma is a bitch..."

Wonder who that is. =T

Guest Gravity

Kind of annoying how this and R Plus Seven had to leak so early, but whatever I'm buying them both anyway. Vizion is some god-tier ambient, wow.

Guest Gravity

So what does this sound like?

Vocal samples, breaks, drum machines, reverb, dreamy atmosphere, those nice long build-ups he does. Not the best at describing music. :tongue:

Great stuff though, gotta listen to it more.

Guest Gravity

You'll enjoy it if you liked Room(s). Lots of those beautiful dreamy build-ups. Gunshotta, Rise N Fall, Vizion & Baby It's U are my favorites after one listen.

Better than Room(s) IMO. I am also planning on buying it.

A lot more emotion in the songs. Has those guitar break downs that made the new Sepalcure really nice as well.

Archived