IGNORED

Love the band, hate the fans.

Sprillian

Any fans of a hardcore band. Fucking hardcore dancers slapping your face

Yeah actually I do like to stand still and watch the band at metal gigs, and am not a big fan of moshpits. I was at a festival with Meshuggah playing right after Isis, and up the front at Isis was great, with nobody moving too much, everyone appreciating the music etc. I thought it was great because the sound was awesome, so I figured I'd stay there for Meshuggah's set too. As soon as they hit the first note on their guitars the entire front section of the audience started jumping and pushing. God damn, I had to admire Thordendal from afar.

various noise shows have shown me true pain. that and hardcore punk in the early 2000's. some of the most energetic bands with the worst scene girls and their boyfriends.

I've been to shit loads of gigs (in London) and can't say I've ever been bothered by whole crowd of fans, I don't really generalise people in that way. There's the odd indviduals and groups of people you find at festivals for sure but I just ignore them.

Perhaps getting bothered by people you should learn to laugh at them? Why let them ruin your night?

Having said that I get the impression Muse fans are a collective bunch of brainwashed fuckwits, never been to their gigs as I hate the band, but just comments I read in the press and on blogs regularly confirms my suspiscions.

Went to a Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) show in August 2011. Actually a very diverse crowd, but I hate when I'm trying to enjoy the performance and some assmonkeys keep pushing their way through the crowd, forcing me to move.

There was also a dude who dressed like some pretty boy anime character, who was dancing differently from everyone else. No one was within a 10-foot radius of him.

Twoism.org almost ruined BoC for me. Before going to that forum, I never associated the music with wimpy dudes and Peter Pan syndrome.

Agreed. Twoism is generaly full of bedwetters, but I would say thats a tiny percentage of BoC fans. I think a Boards gig would be full of quite interesting characters.

Archived