IGNORED

Memorex - Sequel To Skinemax Video

Joyrex

[vimeo]55006097[/vimeo]

It also has a superb soundtrack, which you can download from the creator's website:

Tracklist:

Memorex Intro
VHS Head - Ident
Boxcutter - TV Troubles
Cuticle - Towel
Leyland Kirby - Neon Lit Atoms
Peaking Lights - Synthy
Hype Williams - Mitsubishi
Boards Of Canada - On A Rolling Sea
LA Vampires Featuring Matrix Metals - So Unreal
Rene Hell - Bordes Of Heaven
Laurie Anderson - O Superman (Smash TV Rewind)
VHS Head - Seen Enough
Outer Limits Recordings - Julie
Boards Of Canada - Dave (I'm A Real Traditionalist)
Ford & Lopatin - Rock Center Paranoia
Hype Williams - Businessline
LA Vampires Goes Ital - Tons Of Love
Boards Of Canada - Iraq Says / Nine-Rubber Wisdom
Niggas With Guitars - Milky White
Loverboy - When It's Over (Brian E Remix / Smash TV Rewind)
Thompson Twins - If You Were Here (Smash TV Rewind)
Memorex Outro

And here's the original Skinemax video, in case you missed it the first time:

[vimeo]29999445[/vimeo]

more info on this please!!! :emb:

Been working on this for the past year or so in my free time. Previously worked on Skinemax, so it had a precedent, but this was a much more difficult affair. Came up with the idea after listening to a bunch of stuff that sounded like it had been decaying on an old tape for years, BOC Old Tunes, Hype Williams, VHS Head, etc. I was also watching a lot of nostalgic VHS footage and decided to theme one around old 80s commercials. Glad you guys enjoy it!

Here's some more info if you're interested:

Vimeo Description: https://vimeo.com/55006097

Huffington Post write up: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/memorex-80s-mashup-video-nostalgia_n_2528517.html

I did an interview recently as well which I'm shopping around to various publications to see if they're interested, so I'll post that here as well once I know what the deal is.

Spread the word!

Oops, looks like that automatically posts the video, just click the title for the description.

This is why I don't watch tv anymore. Because it ceased being like that. This was tv as tv is and should be. tv-ish. Not this cgi hd shit today that makes no sense and is cold, minimal and not human.

Oh my bloody hell - this looks like one of the most incredible mixsets/videos I've seen in a long time. I'm a huge whore when it comes to the VHS aesthetic and this is just hitting all the right spots. six - one of the hugest of high fives goes your way man !

tumblr_llp4t59cAb1qzt2jto1_400.png

Thanks everyone, I'm quite proud of it myself! Glad it is making the rounds on some of the major blogs, and more importantly, that it has WATMM approval!

donnie darko fan? don't you happen to have a mix of donnie darko scenes or something?

I was a huge Donnie Darko fan when I picked the name 10 years ago, and now I'm kind of stuck with it.

Not a bad idea, maybe I could make a short one song mix with Donnie Darko footage someday though.

The next one is gonna be all westerns though. I finished the audio a while ago, and my friend who I started Smash TV with will be editing the video this time.

So I'll keep you posted about "Gunslinger" in another year or so probably, it's looking pretty great so far!

Six, these are excellent! - it takes a lot to really grab my attention when it comes to mixes and videos and both memorex and skinemax are top-notch. Great track choices too.

I was a huge Donnie Darko fan when I picked the name 10 years ago, and now I'm kind of stuck with it.

Not a bad idea, maybe I could make a short one song mix with Donnie Darko footage someday though.

The next one is gonna be all westerns though. I finished the audio a while ago, and my friend who I started Smash TV with will be editing the video this time.

So I'll keep you posted about "Gunslinger" in another year or so probably, it's looking pretty great so far!

sorry my ignorance, but it looks like/sounds like if in the intro of memorex video, you actually spotted where the vhs head samples came from and glued them with the original videos... did you do that??? or is it just a awesome case of synchronicity???

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest cult fiction

Incredible work!!!

Sourced from over forty hours of 80s commercials pulled from warped VHS tapes

Did you have these lying around or did you pick them up on ebay?

sorry my ignorance, but it looks like/sounds like if in the intro of memorex video, you actually spotted where the vhs head samples came from and glued them with the original videos... did you do that??? or is it just a awesome case of synchronicity???

Nope, just careful planning! Tried to match each sound/lyric with a visual that made sense. Took fuckin' ages, probably around 400 hours of work total in my free time over the past year. Glad it was worth it!

Incredible work!!!

Sourced from over forty hours of 80s commercials pulled from warped VHS tapes

Did you have these lying around or did you pick them up on ebay?

Ripped most of them from youtube Check out the 80s Commercial Vault if you're interested in the source material, a lot of it came from there.