IGNORED

Memorex - Sequel To Skinemax Video

Joyrex

Thanks guys, can't wait to share this one. The visuals get pretty IDM so to speak.

I'll have a new trailer up for the other half of the double feature TURBO in a week or two.

80 minutes of new Smash TV imminent!

• 2 weeks later...

how the fuck long does something like this take? also, these aren't all sourced from VHS are they? look pretty HQ in moments...

Ben and I have been working on this for about 18 months. It's 80 minutes total, somewhere between 500-1000 hours to make which is insane. But it's a labor of love and I'm finally getting some freelance work from this and screenings in festivals and museums so it's worth it. And yeah these are sourced from 720p or higher this time, no more VHS.

how the fuck long does something like this take? also, these aren't all sourced from VHS are they? look pretty HQ in moments...

Ben and I have been working on this for about 18 months. It's 80 minutes total, somewhere between 500-1000 hours to make which is insane. But it's a labor of love and I'm finally getting some freelance work from this and screenings in festivals and museums so it's worth it. And yeah these are sourced from 720p or higher this time, no more VHS.

nice man.

so when you're "sampling" shit do you have themes in mind or are you just collection cool shit and then the final work is something you build from your library of samples? or something totally different?

in any case, great work man!

We each selected 25 movies for each half. I mix the audio first and then we try to pick movies that fit the feel of the music and are also super visually interesting. Each track usually has a loose theme to keep things interesting.

From there it's a painstaking process of trying to line up clips that best fit the flow of the audio. We cut about 10,000 clips between the two of us for this one. Takes forever but very rewarding to work on. Thanks for the kind words!

Fucking amazing work - who did the music for the trailer (or where was it sourced from)? - Com Truise's current aesthetic fits right in with what you guys are doing, IMO

We each selected 25 movies for each half. I mix the audio first and then we try to pick movies that fit the feel of the music and are also super visually interesting. Each track usually has a loose theme to keep things interesting.

From there it's a painstaking process of trying to line up clips that best fit the flow of the audio. We cut about 10,000 clips between the two of us for this one. Takes forever but very rewarding to work on. Thanks for the kind words!

that's really cool man, nice work. really inspiring shit. I just talked to rob's dad and he's absolutely interested in doing music for you ; )

that's really cool man, nice work. really inspiring shit. I just talked to rob's dad and he's absolutely interested in doing music for you ; )

Oh man, Rob's dad on the decks would be absolutely mental. That day on CHATMM for the AE live mix was the best. I remember literally crying laughing at a couple parts.

I think this was the song that started that whole joke? The boys took a smoke break and Rob's dad went with some smooth funk before wrecking the studio with some viscious IDM.

I ended up doing my own 10 hour mix after being inspired by that set. Very fun although time consuming, hope to do another one someday!

http://percussionlab.com/sets/search?query=kurt%20russell

Really glad to see that you're getting stuff screened. I've put Memorex and Skinemax on at a couple of house parties, and everyone is always mesmerised. To the point where chatter stops.

Seriously can't wait for these new ones to drop.

Also, fucking yes! Percussion Lab site is back!

• 1 month later...

For anyone in New York I'm having a screening in Williamsburg in Brooklyn tomorrow night. Two shows, one at 7:30 and one at 10:00. Megaplex in full drops online this Friday for everyone else. It's an 80 minute double feature that my editing partner and I have been working on constantly for 18 months. Get excited, this is the most ambitious project I've ever worked on, I think you guys are really gonna like this!

Info and tickets here, I'll post the vid on Friday!

http://www.spectacletheater.com/smash-tv-presents-megaplex/

For anyone in New York I'm having a screening in Williamsburg in Brooklyn tomorrow night. Two shows, one at 7:30 and one at 10:00. Megaplex in full drops online this Friday for everyone else. It's an 80 minute double feature that my editing partner and I have been working on constantly for 18 months. Get excited, this is the most ambitious project I've ever worked on, I think you guys are really gonna like this!

Info and tickets here, I'll post the vid on Friday!

http://www.spectacletheater.com/smash-tv-presents-megaplex/

So jealous I can't be at the screening, but I'm definitely ready for the online drop.

Have a blast

As promised, MEGAPLEX is here. I'm really proud of this and poured my heart and soul into it over the past year and a half. Lots tracks up WATMM's alley (lots of VHS Head!) and crazy ass visuals to boot. Hope you guys like it.

https://vimeo.com/167795970