IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

i will say that for how much i dislike the album it's definitely not just a run of the mill shitty electronica money grab move. The album sounds so cheesy and dated (like straight out the 70s but with a 2mil budget) that I'm really surprised they would make a move like this with such a large fanbase. I mean sure it has vocoders and stuff and it's disco but it's far less mainstream sounding than i would have expected out of basically a Vegas act Blueman group-esque Americanized French house act.

I think that's a big reason why I like it. It's like a Talk Talk move or somethingthough obviously not as mind-meltingly amazing as Talk Talkwhere they're at the point in their career where they can say "fuck it, we can do whatever the fuck we want".

so much hate here.

its sorta precious really.

finally heard "Get Lucky"- its an average funk song...i was expecting Bangalter to be wanking it into the microphone from the likes of peoples' endless streams of bitch on here.

Is this worth checking out or are they still shit?

I wouldn't bother

Now that is way over the top.

This album is definitely worth checking out. Even if it happened to be the worst album of all time, the production is ambitious and the playing is tight.

I wouldn't bother

This album is definitely worth checking out. Even if it happened to be the worst album of all time, the production is ambitious and the playing is tight.

That's me....way over the top :mellow:

I wouldn't bother

to say "I wouldn't bother" is a tad silly IMO

Oh do they play instruments now?? Sorry I literally have not read anything about it (including this topic!) or heard any samples. So they've finally stopped making 4 second loops of barry manilow tracks, adding a 909 kick and calling it a day?! ;)

Oh do they play instruments now?? Sorry I literally have not read anything about it (including this topic!) or heard any samples. So they've finally stopped making 4 second loops of barry manilow tracks, adding a 909 kick and calling it a day?! ;)

You should...check it out. :cisfor:

I wouldn't bother

to say "I wouldn't bother" is a tad silly

In my defense, I am a very silly man. :spiteful: :crazy:

I wouldn't bother

to say "I wouldn't bother" is a tad silly

In my defense, I am a very silly man. :spiteful: :crazy:

Being silly is the way to be.

edit; that second smiley is freaking me out

Edited by LimpyLoo

honestly i prefer the groovy filtered sample + 909 kick formula to this album.

There once were two young boys, who walked down an enchanted street, with beautiful and fragrant flowers in every garden. They were so enraptured by their senses, that they plundered the gardens, plucking the flowers and arranging them into bouquets that they sold as their own at market. The enchanted gardeners, looking out at their ravaged gardens, wailed with sorrow. The following season, flush with their previous windfall, the boys returned. Not expecting to be looted twice (for they were enchanted gardeners, and didn't think of such things), the gardeners surveyed their stripped gardens and cursed. When the boys returned again the following season, they found large walls and fences and were forced to pilfer lesser flowers from lesser gardens. At market, their bouquets sold, but were met with much disappointment, due to the inferiority of the flowers. Soon, the young boys were forced to grow their own flowers, but lacked the magic that the enchanted gardeners had, and their flowers wilted and smelled of sulfur.

Thus is Random Access Memories…

The duo will probably appear on the new Kanye West album – and it may well be a single, with a Chris Cunningham-directed video. (“At their Paris studio, they laid down a combination of live and programmed drums while Kanye worked out rough vocals on the fly. “It was very raw: he was rapping – kind of screaming primally, actually,” Thomas [bangalter] says. “Kanye doesn’t give a fuck,” Guy-Manuel [de Homem-Christo] adds. “He’s a good friend.” Director (and longtime Daft Punk compatriot) Michel Gondry says that Kanye recently played him “two songs” that sprang from the session. “One of them, I told him it sounded solid and powerful – I envisioned a cube when I heard it,” Gondry says. “He told me, Chris Cunningham’s already directing the video!”)

415040d1232061117-jack-off-emoticon-jack

The duo will probably appear on the new Kanye West album – and it may well be a single, with a Chris Cunningham-directed video. (“At their Paris studio, they laid down a combination of live and programmed drums while Kanye worked out rough vocals on the fly. “It was very raw: he was rapping – kind of screaming primally, actually,” Thomas [bangalter] says. “Kanye doesn’t give a fuck,” Guy-Manuel [de Homem-Christo] adds. “He’s a good friend.” Director (and longtime Daft Punk compatriot) Michel Gondry says that Kanye recently played him “two songs” that sprang from the session. “One of them, I told him it sounded solid and powerful – I envisioned a cube when I heard it,” Gondry says. “He told me, Chris Cunningham’s already directing the video!”)

415040d1232061117-jack-off-emoticon-jack

Yeah honestly. I respect Daft Punk about as much as I respect Kanye West.

There once were two young boys, who walked down an enchanted street, with beautiful and fragrant flowers in every garden. They were so enraptured by their senses, that they plundered the gardens, plucking the flowers and arranging them into bouquets that they sold as their own at market. The enchanted gardeners, looking out at their ravaged gardens, wailed with sorrow. The following season, flush with their previous windfall, the boys returned. Not expecting to be looted twice (for they were enchanted gardeners, and didn't think of such things), the gardeners surveyed their stripped gardens and cursed. When the boys returned again the following season, they found large walls and fences and were forced to pilfer lesser flowers from lesser gardens. At market, their bouquets sold, but were met with much disappointment, due to the inferiority of the flowers. Soon, the young boys were forced to grow their own flowers, but lacked the magic that the enchanted gardeners had, and their flowers wilted and smelled of sulfur.

Thus is anyone or anything after Beethoven

fixed

Thus is anyone or anything after Beethoven

fixed

*makes wanking gesture*

makes sense when one of their most popular (no longer employed) writer's favorite band is Fleetwood fucking Mac

it's like if your dad's friend happened like Faust so you mistakingly thought 'this dude has good music taste' but still tried to sneak James Taylor and the Beegee's into the mixtapes he made for you

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Sooo this album got an 8.8 on Pitchfork...

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18028-daft-punk-random-access-memories/

Discovery 6.4

Human After All 4.9

? lol i guess :mellow:

They basically made one stupidly huge fucking advertisment for the album, way before the review.

Of course it was going to get a ridiculously high score, making sure they don't close down that Columbia Records money tap.

Edited by triachus

Discovery 6.4

Human After All 4.9

They basically made one stupidly huge fucking advertisment for the album, way before the review.

Of course it was going to get a ridiculously high score, making sure they don't close down that Columbia Records money tap.

lol

This review coupled with the 6.2 Bibio review just reaffirmed for me just how much Pitchfork is not worth taking seriously.

Discovery 6.4

Human After All 4.9

lol

This review coupled with the 6.2 Bibio review just reaffirmed for me just how much Pitchfork is not worth taking seriously.

Don't forget the 5.9 they gave to Exai.

Edited by triachus

Discovery 6.4

Human After All 4.9

lol

They gave Bibio a lower score than this? WHAT!? WHAT!?!?!? Worst website in the world.

Edited by Friendly Foil