looking forward to it nonetheless

Edited by isaki

Guest extherium

that song reminds me of

, the instrumental obviously @0:24

looking forward to it nonetheless

Really? Reminds me more of

which sampled

Either way, the sample promo has me interested. Wondering where they'll take this album.

Edited by extherium

Guest waveformblue

I really hope this album will have lots of guest vocals and collaborations with other famous musicians. That would be perfect.

yeah, I hope that's sarcasm I smell.
Gotta be. Daft Punk got a lot of mileage out of relatively unknown singers on Discovery. I was living in Singapore when it was released. The videos got massive airplay on MTV Asia. Yet when I moved to the US in January 2003, no one here had even heard of Daft Punk. When Human After All came out, I wish I hadn't heard of them either.

BTW...what DP let Kanye do to HBFS was a fucking crime.

I liked the 15 sec thing more than that. I'm thinking that Soundcloud account isn't as official as it tries to look either, or this should have caused a bit more of a stir.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest isaki

daft-punk-random-access-memories.jpg

track lengths:

01. 4:34[/size]

02. 5:21[/size]

03. 9:04[/size]

04. 3:48[/size]

05. 5:37[/size]

06. 5:53[/size]

07. 8:18[/size]

08. 6:07[/size]

09. 4:50[/size]

10. 5:41[/size]

11. 4:39[/size]

12. 4:11[/size]

13. 6:21[/size]

pre-order on itunes

I love the title

i'm pretty sure this album is going to be terrible. human after all and the tron soundtrack were both lackluster, boring. the only good output they've had recently was their live album, which was amazing. i don't think they can pull off another homework or discovery though.

edit: i obviously hope that they do though.

Edited by Hoodie

Guest isaki

Human After All was made in like six weeks? I still liked some tracks from it too. If that 15 second sample is anything to go off and the MASSIVE collabs I am definitely looking forward to this -- though I agree thatthey'll never make another Discovery/Homework. calling it "terrible" is pretty silly though, especially when it isn't released yet

Edited by isaki

Human After All had some strong tracks but overall it was rushed and all too repetitive. Similar to some of Bangalter's Roulé tracks in a way, but you'd have expected a bit more work put into an actual Daft Punk full album. And I sort of blame it for contributing to the trend of dirty rocking "electro" that's so overdone now. But that era of Daft Punk did yield Electroma, which even though it doesn't feature any of their music, was a pretty neat film.

I liked the Tron soundtrack too and possibly listened to it more than HAA. Alive 2007 was always going to reach a much wider audience, it's like a mixed greatest hits compilation into which they snuck a few unpopular tracks.

I think a lot of work went into the new album, judging by the sheer length of it, the time it took them to record it and the way it's being promoted... I have pretty high hopes actually.

There's also a longer version of the 15clip on youtube. Sounds like the entire track actually. And it sounds groooooooovy. Me like. Follow the related videos of that 15sec clip and you'll see