IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

Discovery was a very important album for me and I'd always heard bad things about everything after it so I didn't even bother with the stuff because I didn't want to sully my relationship with Discovery.

But I think it's time to catch up.

[two songs into Human After All and I am having regrets]

[edit: "Robot Rock" is great, though]

[edit: hope new album doesn't have that gross fucking bitcrush/sample-rate wah-wah]

Edited by LimpyLoo

It's funny that Robot Rock is basically the only good track on that album, since it's the only one built on a sample.

Daft Punk was, no doubt, incredibly important in getting me into electronic stuff. So was Eiffel 65 for that matter, hah.

Guest pixelives

They are damn lucky people stuck with them after that stinker of an album. I really think they realized it sucked and stepped it up with the live show to regain and even gain more fans. Again, smart move.

All this talk about Daft Punk making chicago house popular reminds of early 90s Baby Ford

http://youtu.be/EgE0oDraYSQ

in just some years this super-cheesy hippie guy with a fake guitar playing makes stuff like this:

http://youtu.be/PK6behvuPOg

There's always a choice which route you take.

I have this saying, which I tend to keep to myself for fear of ruffling feathers, but I say to myself that Daft Punk is the Weezer of House Music.

Hahahahahaha

Two timeless albums followed by a mediocre third. Yes, very much so (then the comparison digresses wildly)

All this about how "interesting", "clever", "well marketed" they are makes you guys sound like you think there's some evil masterplan behind them, or like you're desperate to rationalize the fact that you like their music. IMO they pulled it off by making great tunes while being extremely lucky at the right place and right time simple as that.

fixed

Guest rubberman

every successful artist in history has had their fair share of luck, don't know what the problem is tbh

the snippets sound fairly promising

I have this saying, which I tend to keep to myself for fear of ruffling feathers, but I say to myself that Daft Punk is the Weezer of House Music.

I have a lot more respect for Daft Punk than do for Weezer. I think have done quite a good job of maintaining their self-respect and artistic integrity.

Guest nuclearaddict

every successful artist in history has had their fair share of luck, don't know what the problem is tbh

Wicked Clive Tanaka avatar. One of my favorite EPs.

Guest rubberman

yeah, one of my favorite albums from the last few years.

the dude absolutely nails the nostalgia vibe, and obviously the dancey tracks (which sound a bit like daft punk btw) are fucking awesome

Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... Mexican monkey .... thank you Giorgio

Wicked Clive Tanaka avatar. One of my favorite EPs.

yeah, one of my favorite albums from the last few years.

the dude absolutely nails the nostalgia vibe, and obviously the dancey tracks (which sound a bit like daft punk btw) are fucking awesome

whoa, will have to check this out, the cover art alone has my attention...