IGNORED

BBC 6 Music feature on MHTRTC

beerwolf

Just stumbled upon this, don't ask me if its any good as I am just playing it now. But it's Stuart Maconie who is a most brilliant dj and the subject is MHTRTC on the brilllliant BBC 6.

It was only broadcast a few days ago. Perhaps there will be some insight into the band, some nuggets of information?

Happy days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01q9rlr

there's an announcement about the upcoming Boards of Canada album about 70 mins into the recording.

Well, what does it say?

Guest jasondonervan

Thanks for pointing this one out, would have completely passed me by otherwise. Just grabbed with get_iplayer, will give it a listen shortly.

there's an announcement about the upcoming Boards of Canada album about 70 mins into the recording.

Ahhh. I get it now. You got me, you fuck.

Nicely done.

• 3 weeks later...

More importantly was there actually any interesting information in the special?

Apart from hearing half a dozen Boc tracks on the radio, it was rubbish. I got the impression Maconie had read wikipedia half an hour before the programme was recorded.

Known for their creative minimalist electronica, BoC's music uses themes of nature, childhood and nostalgia .

I don't know what minimalism is anymore.

Apart from hearing half a dozen Boc tracks on the radio, it was rubbish. I got the impression Maconie had read wikipedia half an hour before the programme was recorded.

It would seem even the BBC are mere mortals and know very little about BoC.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I don't listen to that much radio but everything I've ever heard come out of Stuart Maconie's mouth has been conspicuously lacking in insight or interest of any kind.

I don't listen to that much radio but everything I've ever heard come out of Stuart Maconie's mouth has been conspicuously lacking in insight or interest of any kind.

I don't think he's meant to be taken too seriously, he's quite funny along with Mark Radcliffe.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I don't think he's meant to be taken too seriously, he's quite funny along with Mark Radcliffe.

Fair play, maybe I haven't heard his best stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. Haven't missed anything then. Was hoping for interviews (they usually do that on 6Music)

Archived