IGNORED

Jennifer Lawrence is charming

lumpenprol

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's full of moss...

it's one of those style of cinematography that reunites everything i think it's wrong with cinematography... so much filtering, looks like someone with aspergers just got a copy of photoshop in their pc...

Yeah The Hunger Games is for kids meanwhile people love Toy Story and Up, give me a break.

The Hunger Game was good, yeah the book's target audience is teens but like the harry potter the movies, it was very well done and entertained me for the duration of the film and i didnt feel i was watching a movie for teens (most of the time anyways, there are elements in it that are obviously in there to give 15 year old girls something to talk about in slumber parties)

I agree Deer, I expected it to be much worse and was a bit surprised by her performance and it still being fairly dark/graphic. Especially found it odd cause it became so mainstream.

Yeah The Hunger Games is for kids meanwhile people love Toy Story and Up, give me a break.

The Hunger Game was good, yeah the book's target audience is teens but like the harry potter the movies, it was very well done and entertained me for the duration of the film and i didnt feel i was watching a movie for teens (most of the time anyways, there are elements in it that are obviously in there to give 15 year old girls something to talk about in slumber parties)

toy story and up are for kids that's why i think they're great movies...

hunger games is for teens and grown ups that's why i think it's retarded...

So is Star Wars?

she's a goddamn actress. the image you see is the one she wants to portray. you have no idea what she's like in real life.

And for the record, i think this thread is creepy not because of the sexualization but because of the infatuation and pathetic idolization of celebrities. the assumption that you know this woman enough to say that her personality is perfect from watching a couple of videos about her and reading her wikipedia page is sick imo.

Boards+of+Canada.jpg

idolization is subjective. unless you think actors don't deserve attention or admiration for their personality...

aphexbarbicanreport-10.11.2012.jpg

i don't claim the sandisons are perfect, i claim their art is perfect. i think there's a very big difference between the two.

So is Star Wars?

you wanna compare the graphic aspect of star wars with hunger games???

in terms of script well i remember hunger games being way to much teen directed, it looked like a bunch of new jersey teens had made a day at cotsco but with ancient armory, it's silly...

star wars was way more universal, at least the message behind it...

graphically speaking yeah i think hunger games kinda sucked, well, i don't even like bagpipes so... the mix of cgi with RL still leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

she's a goddamn actress. the image you see is the one she wants to portray. you have no idea what she's like in real life.

And for the record, i think this thread is creepy not because of the sexualization but because of the infatuation and pathetic idolization of celebrities. the assumption that you know this woman enough to say that her personality is perfect from watching a couple of videos about her and reading her wikipedia page is sick imo.

Boards+of+Canada.jpg

idolization is subjective. unless you think actors don't deserve attention or admiration for their personality...

aphexbarbicanreport-10.11.2012.jpg

i don't claim the sandisons are perfect, i claim their art is perfect. i think there's a very big difference between the two.

But an actors art is in some ways their personality.... Also who said her personality is perfect? I must have missed that. Definitely disagree with that as any kind of conclusive judgement on her, but it's still an opinion and probably referring to the particular material that person has seen thus far. Point I am making is it seems kind of rash to call someone sick for admiring another human beings pose. You can meet someone for a short period of time and get the impression that their personality is pretty great.

So is Star Wars?

you wanna compare the graphic aspect of star wars with hunger games???

in terms of script well i remember hunger games being way to much teen directed, it looked like a bunch of new jersey teens had made a day at cotsco but with ancient armory, it's silly...

star wars was way more universal, at least the message behind it...

graphically speaking yeah i think hunger games kinda sucked, well, i don't even like bagpipes so... the mix of cgi with RL still leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

Thats fine, I was just confused by your comment that it sucked because it was directed towards teens/adults rather than just kids. My expectations were low going in cause I hate the idea of remakes but I ended up enjoying it.

Yeah most people here are judging her on appearance, and when they say she has a great personality they use the word "SEEMS".

You can only judge what we see on interviews, nobody is claiming she is perfect,lol.

(is this what girls do when another girl gets male attention?, high school behavior if you ask me)

Thats fine, I was just confused by your comment that it sucked because it was directed towards teens/adults rather than just kids. My expectations were low going in cause I hate the idea of remakes but I ended up enjoying it.

but i do think that its main flaw is the fact that it is directed at teens/adults, imo it simply fails to deliver as such...

i think these scripts are taken way over serious by who writes them, where's the suspension of disbelief in these creators minds??? do they expect to write the most serious script ever and then want to count on us to suspend our disbelief every time they fail??? that's not how suspension of disbelief works... you have to set a tone, just like star wars, indiana jones, and all those classics where its silliness is part of the recipe...

but i do think that its main flaw is the fact that it is directed at teens/adults, imo it simply fails to deliver as such...

i think these scripts are taken way over serious by who writes them, where's the suspension of disbelief in these creators minds??? do they expect to write the most serious script ever and then want to count on us to suspend our disbelief every time they fail??? that's not how suspension of disbelief works... you have to set a tone, just like star wars, indiana jones, and all those classics where its silliness is part of the recipe...

couldn't I just apply the exact same thing to Amelie? silliness and quirkiness is all about the movie dawg

Based on her numerous interviews, she's much easier to relate to than your average Hollywood starlet. She doesn't have this guarded, uniquely feminine iciness to her that so many others have. She seems like someone you could kick it with. She's not too concerned with being a "perfect woman" who's shit don't stink. Sure, plenty of other woman in your day to day life might have this quality, but I bet not too many mantain that while they are as attractive and talented while being put under the spotlight as much as Ms. Lawrence is. So yeah, she's hot, but it's also hard not to admire her. This combination is dead sexy, for the record. You like woman, yes?

>>ACTUALLY women are just as pervy about men and men and women are completely equal so i dont get why u fuckin femionzais are having a go i just wana spunk on j laws face u know really put her in her place. she doesnt seem stuck up (UNLIKE THOSE VAPID SLAGS AKA all women ever) im a nice guyy

lol ok pretty funny

Beating a dead horse. People have crushes on celebrities. It's not creepy. You are. Deal with it.

couldn't I just apply the exact same thing to Amelie? silliness and quirkiness is all about the movie dawg

well, my main complaint against amelie it's the cinematography...

to the argument, felt that while some of the scenes are slightly deep medium well, others were extremely banal and embarrassing ...

I can't really think of any celebrity crushes I have lately. Back when Kill Bill came out nearly a decade ago I had a crush on Chiaki Kuriyama (Gogo Yubari) and Scarlett Johanssen, both who are the same age as me. Also Zhang Ziyi from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon back then.

Noomi Rapace was hott in Prometheus too. But I'm not gonna obsess over these celebrities.

I can't really think of any celebrity crushes I have lately. Back when Kill Bill came out nearly a decade ago I had a crush on Chiaki Kuriyama (Gogo Yubari) and Scarlett Johanssen, both who are the same age as me. Also Zhang Ziyi from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon back then.

Noomi Rapace was hott in Prometheus too. But I'm not gonna obsess over these celebrities.

I had a bit of a crush on Chiaki for a while too...something about her nose made her seem very pretty in an uncommon way.

I dont think there's anything wrong with finding certain celebrities pretty/cute/attractive or anything. But honestly I don't get the "she seems like a normal person" thing. Not that I disagree necessarily, I just literally don't get how anyone came to that conclusion. Is it because she has like a "girl next door" look?

Well, we make snap judgements of people in real life who we see much less of than people who are put under the gun in the public eye. Everyone does that, it's normal. So it's just observation. We all come to our own conclusions.

Also when three guys are hanging out with one girl, and those three guys are talking about some other girl, that she's hot, etc. etc. The girl, 9 times out of 10 will try to cut her down, like "oh she's not that hot, not that great" because the guys aren't talking about HER.

Archived