IGNORED

Standalone Star Wars movies confirmed.

BOCfan

So apologies if this has already been posted, but it's been confirmed that alongside the new episodes in the Star Wars series, there' going to be standalone movies released as well. Could be pretty cool if done properly (a Boba Fett movie would be especially good). Anyway, here's the 411 from Empire:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36420

Yeah I read about them maybe doing a Yoda one first. Could be great but they need to stop licensing out Star Wars characters for Vodafone and Currys adverts though, I'm getting serious franchise fatigue.

They don't seem too fussy who they license out their characters to if the moneys right so don't rule out some Star Wars crossover films, ie. Yoda vs Spock, or Jar Jar Binks vs Predator

This is a fucking train wreck.

I'm curious to see what Abrams does with the franchise, but even that is a case of "too little, too late". What he basically needs to do is to breathe new life into a saga that had been continually defiled by its own creator. I feel like that effort, at this point, no matter how valiant, will ultimately end in disappointment.

Now... with these new "stand-alone" films in the mix, who really cares. It's over.

The continuation of the series has already been seen for what it is: the most shameless cash-grab in history.

Guest Frankie5fingers

part of me wants them to do a KOTOR movie but then another part of me pretty much knows that they will totally destroy one of the last remaining gems of the SW franchise.

no doubt a movie with whats-his-face from unleashed will be made.

Entertainment Weekly reports that there are two potential spinoff movies in early stages of development at Lucasfilm: "A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum."

More from EW:

"The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between
Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope),
so although it’s possible Harrison Ford
could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor
for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old
Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original. The Boba Fett film would
take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or
between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging
unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t
much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his
helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original
stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right
age for the part if his services were required."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/06/star-wars-rumor-young-han-solo-boba-fett-spinoff-movies

It looks like they are not wasting any time in milking the ever living shit out of the SW franchise while it still has some value. I will fondly remember the time when there were only three SW movies and that was that...it was a more civilized time.

It looks like they are not wasting any time in milking the ever living shit out of the SW franchise while it still has some value. I will fondly remember the time when there were only three SW movies and that was that...it was a more civilized time.

Hear hear!

would be nice for disney to put the brakes on these new franchises for a second to announce that they have plans for a blueray trilogy of digitally remastered (but not CGI altered) episodes IV, V and VI

edit: i just watched a behind the scenes video of the special edition of episode IV and not surprisingly George Lucas lies again and claims that the scene they filmed with the human jabba was meant to be altered in post production to show him as an alien. What's funny to me is of course that's not true, back then they didn't have the technology to composite in a fake character like that. I Don't even think they could have done a puppet that was filmed on a green screen backdrop. So clearly GL intended Jabba to be a human in part IV, cut the scene out and then decided in VI to make him a fat alien slug.

Potentially interesting anecdote re: the deleted Jabba scene - when I was growing up my family had a country house that we would share with my aunt and uncle's families. I'm not sure who first brought it there, but there was an oversized comic of the first Star Wars movie on a shelf. I'm guessing it came out at about the same time the movie did. In that comic, they had the deleted scene with Jabba, and his character was drawn similar to the guy in the deleted scene. So I'd say they definitely intended him to be a human male.

Had some cool vintage legos in that house, too.

would be interesting if someone created a timeline of all the changes in Star wars and compared it to what george lucas originally intended. Like how long after the original trilogy did he claim the 'clone wars' meant the storm troopers fighting other people (making the stormtroopers clones) or lying about taking out the Jabba actor in 'post' way back in the mid 70s, so that's why they shot it with a human actor. There are so many instances of him lying to cover his inconsistencies it's maddening, in some ways even more frustrating than his special edition CGI jerk off sessions. I still stand by the assertion that Star Wars was changed to 'episode IV' only after he decided to do sequels to it but many people claim he always intended a trilogy. I believe that he probably saw future stories in the universe, but i dont think Empire and Jedi's stories were written in a concrete way when New Hope was put out.

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

I am personally looking forward to new SW films, hopefully it helps garner more interest in the genre.

I'm going to watch all of these film and there's no way I can stop myself.

Same. It could be a Yoda movie, Boba Fett, or a friggin Nien-Nunb movie and I would be there. Heck there's so much potential to expand that universe, Disney knows that. They don't even need to rush this, they could easily do one movie each 3 years for the next 30 years LOL

worst casting choice ever, i just wish they would properly expand the universe and stop doing anything resembling a prequel. Make a star wars movie about characters we've never seen before. All this other shit is just weighing down a potentially really good new franchise to take place

Archived