IGNORED

JJ Abrams might make a Half-life or Portal film

Guest Pennywise

i think doom had more potential to make a good movie, because doom's actual story was not very good, but then it was kind of non-existent. i mean, you have the mars moon base, then you go to hell. BUT the setup was pretty cool actually. the story of the details couldn't be fleshed out but that wasn't the point, the point was killing monsters. the idea of a mars moon base (granted it doesn't make sense due to how small those moons are) with experimental portals tapping into hell, that's a cool idea. demons coming through, zombie possessions, could be a setup to a very cool movie if the story was done well.

When you put it that way, I think it could have been made into a decent movie. Have the beginning of the film with pacing akin to Alien or Valhalla Rising, but then rev it up so it changes from a thriller into more of an action film. I guess 28 Days Later did this. It just gets faster and faster. Just have some zombies and imps.

Start it out with him being sent to Mars for punching his commanding officer, and then end it with him entering the portal into hell. Or at least forshadowing that he'll enter it. Bam, a sequel. More demons. Enter into an atmosphere kind of like Hellraiser.

Anybody writing this down?

the only part of Doom that was decent was when it switched to a first person pov for about 3-4 minutes. It would make a fun conceptual popcorn movie if the whole thing was shot that way even if the story remained a botch-job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpb13mDBP1I

Archived