IGNORED

Exai - Track by track first impressions

thehauntingsoul

Forgot to put Exai in the title but do I really need to clarify this?

FLeure: Totally nuts, like a tiny robot on crack. Starts to sound like a farty mine. It's like you stumbled upon Exai and this is you falling into its' cavernous depths.
irlite(get 0): very untilted. Noisy and chaotic as all hell for the first half. Then we get all serious and break out of the noise with these piano stabs. Then some crazy sonic the hedgehog style synths come in and plink around for a while. Good fun track, not too serious. Gets very dramatic in the second half, lots of space. Civilizations used to live down here a long time ago. Nice and evil bass line in the last few minutes.
prac-f: 777's older brother. Like I'm being beaten around inside of a dishwasher. Like a dishwasher is in the back of a flatbed truck going offroading and I'm inside said dishwasher. An ancient aztek dishwasher.
jatevee C: Like in the basement of some orchestra hall, you can hear the haunting echoes of the orchestra above you but muted. Stuttery snares and crunchy bass drums.
T ess xi: Slightly off beat hip hop track. My childhood on acid. Slushy ass snares trapse around in a slushy desert for the second half of the track with the sun beating down on you, wondering why there is slush in a desert in the first place. Then you collapse and die of dehydration.
vekoS: Rusty marching death robots doing complicated math. Then they start to break down and start breakdancing. Then they run out of fuel and you retreat into a nearby sewer pipe. Then are under attack by psychic zealots.
Flep: Being chased by an enormous sick cricket. Then he gets ground up into a gel but continues advancing. Despite the electric generator in the corner clicking on, he is unphased. Flep the doplhin is fluttering(?) around in a nearby pool creating sounds for us to hear.
tuinorizn: this sounds like two space ships trying to dock but they are the wrong size so all sorts of adjustments are being made. They just keep banging into each other and then moving back and trying again but failing again and crunching together.
bladelores: Starts as a giant empty castle getting hit by cannon balls. The castle floors peel away and reveal a yawning void. Then you fall through the ground like in a video game that glitches out and you can see sky all around and the ground is above you but transparent.
1 1 is: Standing in an acid ocean and the waves are washing over. Then you hop in your submarine and head underwater into the acidic depths. But then it turns out the submarine isn't working, and electricity surges through the surrounding acid and through yourself. You realize it's a chinese sub and the chinamen seal the leak for you but the generator is still fucking up.
nodezsh: You plug your super nintendo into the outlet in the sub and it starts turning everything into 16 bit. Then there is gunfire and crying computers. Then you are catapulted into space and can hear the battle happening far below. Horrifying thoughts overtake your mind as this track winds down.
runrepik: Cave full of spiders. A horrifying cave that you can easily get completely lost in. The horror not unlike that experienced at the end of nodezsh returns. As you frantically explore the cave to find your way out the spiders swell in number and begin to overwhelm you. Your fellow troops with pussy little lazer guns try in vain to hold them at bay.
spl9: Crazy futuristic train that's rusted and falling apart and shaking on its tracks. Then the engine erupts into flames and everyone frantically scrambles to put out the flames as the train rocks back and forth on the tracks around corners. So the train slowly gets dismantled as its hurtling down the tracks. The tracks abrutply end at a cliff and the train smashes and crashes its way down the side of a mountain into a pit of lava.
cloudline: Posessed spirits are shrieking all around. This exists in a huge cave of crystals. Quartz maybe. Enormous quartz crystals. They break apart all around and fall crashing into other crystals. Then you find an elevator that leads way up and take it up watching the cave crumble and collapse around you. Gives you a break after all of the action on this 10 minute elevator ride to the surface.
deco Loc: Aztek ruins with ghosts and shit. Exploring the ruins reveals muddy textures and tones fuck you I'm pretty exhausted at this point jusjusjusss.,....jus.....jus.....jusjussususususssususs....
recks on: The boss fight if there ever was one. This track is basically a battle with an enormous robot that has many different types of attack but mainly relies on high powered radio waves as its main form of offense. As a side note this is probably the most evil Autechre track I've ever heard. Then for phase two the armor comes off and he uses lots of energy attacks. For phase 3 he morphs into a flying death sphere with rotating blades.
YJY UX: Certainly the sound of a defunct space station. The station sputters awake to clean up the mess left by Exai. Plunks its way slowly through the galaxy vaccuming up the remnants of battle.
keyosc: Definitely the sound of sitting satisfactorily in one's own warm stool and urine after listening to this album in its' entirety.

Guest Aserinsky

Fleure: Mental, sounds like a bunch of schoolchildren smashing each other over the head with metal sheets whilst mucking about with recordings of them playing the kazoo with VSTs. +1 for the digital reverberated farts whilst eliminating damage to the sound through nulls.

Itlite (get 0): Bit like snares falling over each other whilst these crazy dizzy chords suddenly come into place. Kinda exciting but gives you an uncomfortable feeling, like feeling sexually aroused by a picture of a young Margaret Thatcher.

prac-f: Pretty much jumpstyle if it was performed by a load of bored foremen on a construction site. Sounds like it'd be complete shite, but somehow it works.

jatevee C: Imagine getting some mental Japanese exclusive PSOne game, recording all the disc noises it makes, make it into percussive instruments, shove some flange on it and play it whilst the downstairs neighbour is playing shitty brostep. Congratulations, you have jatevee C.

T ess xi: Remember a simpler time, where the highlight of the year would be meeting up with a load of friends, getting junked up on sugar and spending the day on Daytona USA at the arcade. This is like that, sort of. A little bit. Maybe not like that at all. But it sounds like it, whatever that sounds like.

vekoS: There was a thing not too long ago where people were using Mega Drive cartridges to construct generative music. In a way it sounds like that, but actually it sounds all proper composed, like everything was intentional rather than a bunch of random crap. Lush.

Flep: Ah, Flep the dolphin. How could we forget him? Here he flaps about with his toy tin cans making crazy
beats, like the cheerful little mammal he is. Flapping about (or flepping about if you prefer) with this fins, strangely cute. Then right at the end, he does a lovely bouncy dance for you all to exploit the poor fucker by pointing and laughing at him. Shame on you.

tuinorizn: When you work closely with someone, sometimes you have the sudden urge to dock with them. I believe this track was the work of an awkward desire to suddenly finish something after Rob and Sean, after a fatigued period, gained curious and well, tried a few things. When said things didn't turn out as they planned, they tried as hard as possible to create something Autocray but not well, shit. Congratulations ae, you succeeded. But don't think I know the truth about what you both got up to.

bladelores: Where can I start? This track is like Rsdio mixed together with Nuane if it was remade with the gear from Untilted. Fucking masterpiece I say. If you don't agree, then you're not a real Autechre fan and can, in the politest way, piss off you cynical wanker.

1 1 is: Well, bladelores left an imprint of beauty on me. And here we are, as soon as Autechre give us a sense of serenity, they instantly go “nah fuck that shit, let's head on back to the real boom bap” and drop this banger. Nice beats, delicious bass, pure Autechre. Who could ask for more? Well maybe you would, continuously unsatisfied AE fan. Hopefully this will shut up your petulant wankery. Dick.

nodezsh: I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I fully understand this track. Now this may well be because my attention was focused on something more amazing than Exai (as gutted as I am to admit it, there is such a thing) as this track was playing, but I will admit, this track belongs here. Like, it fits and makes perfect sense, but I can't say anymore than that, my mind was in other places. Sorry.

runrepik: Oh my, Autechre are sure going for nerdgasms here. This track is insane, no other words to describe it. Metal beats, lush synths and little lazers. Noice.

spl9: Bit like a manic episode where you feel the sudden urge to dance in front of your flatmate's door in nothing but your undies. What, you've never experienced this before? Well, you haven't lived sir. In fact, you cannot appreciate Autechre for what it is if you haven't done so before. I suggest you do it now if you don't want to disappoint Sean and Rob. (For the record this is not a joke. This actually IRL happened. A bottle of KoolAid was involved if you are interested in details).

cloudline: A lot of people are jizzing over cloudline. Can I blame them? No, it's certainly a beautiful track, with the funky, dubby melodies and dizzy production, this track should be the perfect Autechre experience. But nay, it is not mine. I can't explain why. It's amazing for sure, those blissful chords, the amazing detail, LUSH AS FUCK. Still not my favourite though, sorry to disappoint you.

deco Loc: Remember when I said I don't know why cloudline was my favourite? I lied. This your answer. The beautiful sidechain compression, the insane use of vocals, the pounding beats, dear Jesus. This here? This is my favourite. I'm in love with this. I cannot stress enough how much I love this track. Everything is just magical. Please Rob and Sean, agree to dock. I know you had that awkward moment whilst making tuinorizn, but trust me, this time we'll all enjoy ourselves. Let our dongs be one. Locked together, so at the proper time, we will all be drawn to Koonut Kaliffe.

recks on: Oh yes, breakbeats and classic drum machines. Should sound really shit and like Lowride (which I personally love, but most of you are white people that cannot see the awesomeness that is Lowride) but damn, this is just amazingly futuristic and out there. If anybody tried to make music like this, then they've certainly surpassed that and made something so out there and unlike anything else using such classic timbres. Damn you Sean and Rob for achieving in a flash of inspiration what I've tried to achieve for the last 8 years :(

YJY UX: So here we are, from this amazing and formidable journey, we have arrived here. But what an arrival! Those delicious noisy textures, the wonderful stabs, well, this is a perfect ending. Melancholic but triumphant, it captures the emotional rollercoaster we have embraced on WATMM, something that has become a part of us; from the Bull Wallet shoops, to the whinings of WHERE'S MY ALBUM!?!?!, to the dregs of WATMM where chunky and elusive4 post, we have arrived here. It's been a hell of a ride ae, thanks for it all. I will now proceed to engorge in my self-pity and cry myself to sleep at how alone I am due to your fandom. You're welcome. Now fuck off.

BONUS REVIEW OF KEYOSC: My oh my, why was this limited to only Japan? There's an incredible beauty to this, which incorporates both lush FM synthesis and ethereal atmospheric textures. It's almost as if they wanted WATMM to hear this, I feel touched. Thank you Ae for taking in my personal considerations and making a song just for us. Japan in this case = WATMM, we are the physical representation of this beautiful dissonance. Feel proud and flaunt it loud; we finally made our IDM elders warm and accept us. Embrace their loving touch.

Guest disoriental express

FLeure: basketball court shoe screeches are a way of life.

irlite (get 0): this one sounds like a computer that's been buried in some jungle for 30,000 years and has just now formed consciousness for itself and is controlling the jungle around it to build a new and sinister world
this would be awesome to listen to while sneaking around a mansion

prac-f: naval scenes... tidal and growing - this one informs gorillas...

jatavee C: washes of icons wading in sunhit waters.... this is one to feel.

T ess xi - there is nothing left to find...everything is here...now comes the new exploration.

"floors of oak, i don't want em. pair me up with a marble floor and now you got sumpin."

vekos - talons slide out in the dark, nothing means this.

Flep - radio friendly dolphins do indeed permeate throughout this. sickles and dolphins in the shade.

tuinorizn - halcyon maimings.... . clientelle lickking their wounds as the pilgrims of move in.... warm and rainbow to kill...

bladelores: silent blue blades

1 1 is_ talons reach out from the cycle to touch the face...

nodezsh - deacons of darkness

runrepik: toiling in the inner workings of a demon that ingests cyclical thought... caught in a red web that shines ruby in the deep light....

spl9- moonlight between future talons. drastic and waiting for someone to kick em.

Cloudline - this reminds me of waking up tasting gatorade and getting up to march away from something...

deco loc : warm pearls slide around and fuck. there is nothing else to be said except this one is a lovers manifold.

recks _on- slow zombies crawl stylishly out of the shade and wonder....

YJY UX is the best song they've ever made. you all can go fuck yourselves. its crystal and important.

:cerious:

Guest disoriental express

HUGE fucking lols at reading my drunken descriptions this morning. what a bunch of horseshit fuckin hell!

enjoyed your guys' descriptions a lot though :emotawesomepm9:

Fleure: Mental, sounds like a bunch of schoolchildren smashing each other over the head with metal sheets whilst mucking about with recordings of them playing the kazoo with VSTs. +1 for the digital reverberated farts whilst eliminating damage to the sound through nulls.

Itlite (get 0): Bit like snares falling over each other whilst these crazy dizzy chords suddenly come into place. Kinda exciting but gives you an uncomfortable feeling, like feeling sexually aroused by a picture of a young Margaret Thatcher.

prac-f: Pretty much jumpstyle if it was performed by a load of bored foremen on a construction site. Sounds like it'd be complete shite, but somehow it works.

jatevee C: Imagine getting some mental Japanese exclusive PSOne game, recording all the disc noises it makes, make it into percussive instruments, shove some flange on it and play it whilst the downstairs neighbour is playing shitty brostep. Congratulations, you have jatevee C.

T ess xi: Remember a simpler time, where the highlight of the year would be meeting up with a load of friends, getting junked up on sugar and spending the day on Daytona USA at the arcade. This is like that, sort of. A little bit. Maybe not like that at all. But it sounds like it, whatever that sounds like.

vekoS: There was a thing not too long ago where people were using Mega Drive cartridges to construct generative music. In a way it sounds like that, but actually it sounds all proper composed, like everything was intentional rather than a bunch of random crap. Lush.

Flep: Ah, Flep the dolphin. How could we forget him? Here he flaps about with his toy tin cans making crazy

beats, like the cheerful little mammal he is. Flapping about (or flepping about if you prefer) with this fins, strangely cute. Then right at the end, he does a lovely bouncy dance for you all to exploit the poor fucker by pointing and laughing at him. Shame on you.

tuinorizn: When you work closely with someone, sometimes you have the sudden urge to dock with them. I believe this track was the work of an awkward desire to suddenly finish something after Rob and Sean, after a fatigued period, gained curious and well, tried a few things. When said things didn't turn out as they planned, they tried as hard as possible to create something Autocray but not well, shit. Congratulations ae, you succeeded. But don't think I know the truth about what you both got up to.

bladelores: Where can I start? This track is like Rsdio mixed together with Nuane if it was remade with the gear from Untilted. Fucking masterpiece I say. If you don't agree, then you're not a real Autechre fan and can, in the politest way, piss off you cynical wanker.

1 1 is: Well, bladelores left an imprint of beauty on me. And here we are, as soon as Autechre give us a sense of serenity, they instantly go “nah fuck that shit, let's head on back to the real boom bap” and drop this banger. Nice beats, delicious bass, pure Autechre. Who could ask for more? Well maybe you would, continuously unsatisfied AE fan. Hopefully this will shut up your petulant wankery. Dick.

nodezsh: I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I fully understand this track. Now this may well be because my attention was focused on something more amazing than Exai (as gutted as I am to admit it, there is such a thing) as this track was playing, but I will admit, this track belongs here. Like, it fits and makes perfect sense, but I can't say anymore than that, my mind was in other places. Sorry.

runrepik: Oh my, Autechre are sure going for nerdgasms here. This track is insane, no other words to describe it. Metal beats, lush synths and little lazers. Noice.

spl9: Bit like a manic episode where you feel the sudden urge to dance in front of your flatmate's door in nothing but your undies. What, you've never experienced this before? Well, you haven't lived sir. In fact, you cannot appreciate Autechre for what it is if you haven't done so before. I suggest you do it now if you don't want to disappoint Sean and Rob. (For the record this is not a joke. This actually IRL happened. A bottle of KoolAid was involved if you are interested in details).

cloudline: A lot of people are jizzing over cloudline. Can I blame them? No, it's certainly a beautiful track, with the funky, dubby melodies and dizzy production, this track should be the perfect Autechre experience. But nay, it is not mine. I can't explain why. It's amazing for sure, those blissful chords, the amazing detail, LUSH AS FUCK. Still not my favourite though, sorry to disappoint you.

deco Loc: Remember when I said I don't know why cloudline was my favourite? I lied. This your answer. The beautiful sidechain compression, the insane use of vocals, the pounding beats, dear Jesus. This here? This is my favourite. I'm in love with this. I cannot stress enough how much I love this track. Everything is just magical. Please Rob and Sean, agree to dock. I know you had that awkward moment whilst making tuinorizn, but trust me, this time we'll all enjoy ourselves. Let our dongs be one. Locked together, so at the proper time, we will all be drawn to Koonut Kaliffe.

recks on: Oh yes, breakbeats and classic drum machines. Should sound really shit and like Lowride (which I personally love, but most of you are white people that cannot see the awesomeness that is Lowride) but damn, this is just amazingly futuristic and out there. If anybody tried to make music like this, then they've certainly surpassed that and made something so out there and unlike anything else using such classic timbres. Damn you Sean and Rob for achieving in a flash of inspiration what I've tried to achieve for the last 8 years :(

YJY UX: So here we are, from this amazing and formidable journey, we have arrived here. But what an arrival! Those delicious noisy textures, the wonderful stabs, well, this is a perfect ending. Melancholic but triumphant, it captures the emotional rollercoaster we have embraced on WATMM, something that has become a part of us; from the Bull Wallet shoops, to the whinings of WHERE'S MY ALBUM!?!?!, to the dregs of WATMM where chunky and elusive4 post, we have arrived here. It's been a hell of a ride ae, thanks for it all. I will now proceed to engorge in my self-pity and cry myself to sleep at how alone I am due to your fandom. You're welcome. Now fuck off.

BONUS REVIEW OF KEYOSC: My oh my, why was this limited to only Japan? There's an incredible beauty to this, which incorporates both lush FM synthesis and ethereal atmospheric textures. It's almost as if they wanted WATMM to hear this, I feel touched. Thank you Ae for taking in my personal considerations and making a song just for us. Japan in this case = WATMM, we are the physical representation of this beautiful dissonance. Feel proud and flaunt it loud; we finally made our IDM elders warm and accept us. Embrace their loving touch.

Am I going to have to buy the album again and get it imported from Japan to get Keyosc? :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

1. uterus

monophinical

hurdle

peppy pho

the jeez ways

rapid crunch

slow crunch

aweeting

your dream or my dream?

179+1 (flauw)

loppy paze

rust

gOm gOn Gy Gelector (flauw)

spitzerss

hoewah

lentic 2

Funstruction

Keyosc

fleure - this is proper ae intro track. assaulting beats edited in the kind of way that only ae can do. the song stutters apart and reconstructs itself all throughout. really an ace track and the direction i'd hoped they would go from oversteps, though i'd like a little more from that bass synth line.

irlite (get 0) - this is another proper ae track but in a different way. the synth stabs give this song more life than they really should. i love the chiastic/cichli bits around 3min. this track seems like it would end at ~4:30 if this were quaristice, but again, very happy with the direction of this song/album. the synth doodles with the pseudo-triplet bass hits that start after 8min are very reminiscent of quaristice/oversteps live stuff. this is a big, evolving song that will continue to reveal parts of itself with each listen. this might be my favorite.

prac-f - pretty fun track, really like the sound palate on this. leads into next track well but there isn't really 4 minutes worth of stuff in prac-f imo. maybe i will hear more in this track in subsequent listens but my attention drifts a little until i'm brought back by....

jatavee C - initially, i really really did not like this track. hated the timing of the drums, the way it is typical ae-glitch and goes into straight timing for a measure or so. since then the beat has grown on me and i'm able to focus on more parts of the track. the triplet synth also irked me initially, but it seems to fit well now. i like how they fuck with the pads. overall, i don't really like the individual parts of this track but somehow enjoy the whole thing. those kicks with the fuzz sound are A+ though

T ess xi - also a track i didn't like initially. i still don't like it. i hate the snare heavy beat, hate that pseudo-triplet synth, hate the straight synths that come in at ~3:55. i do like the beat at 3:55 but by that point it's not enough to salvage the song for me. the chords in the intro and the beat later on are the only things i like. i try to avoid skipping ae tracks, but there are always 2-4 per album that i either don't like or that i would only listen to occasionally. this is one...

vekoS - ae does such a great job of editing beats uniquely. the progression that is suggested at 2min was my first ae-jizz-on-initial-listen since untilted. liking the textures that dominate as the song fades away as well.

Flep - interesting palate, i don't really have strong feelings about this, as with prac-f i don't think there is enough in this song for it to be longer than 3 minutes. the fm synth-edits are fun but not enough to keep my attention. i'll need to give a hard listen to this later as now it just isn't really clicking.

tuinorizn - i love the snare (slamming door) hit. the hihats are literally painful to my ears though at loud volumes. i haven't listened to this so much for that reason.

bladelores - hated this initially. since then it's grown quite a bit. again, i don't really like the snare-heavy beat. i suppose it goes ok with the song. the progression is very drane-like and i would love to hear more AE songs (i'm sure there are plenty of unreleased) in the constraints of the build-up, collapse, build it up again. i will use "lush" to describe one thing on the album, and that thing is the bladelores pads. i just want to curl up and jerk off in these pads. the repeated triplet/eights/sixteenths was pretty cheesy on the first listen but it grew on me quickly. same with the repeating chord stabs that come in around 2:15. i really like this song, but i have the feeling it could be a lot better.

1 1 is - this is very oversteps-y. the progression is really crazy. i'd have to look at the actual notes but it sounds like they keep "sort of" changing keys to the minor7, or hinting at the change. (not talking about the change to major [i think] around 3:15) this is the shit i love theory-wise. they seem to change keys for a few seconds, sometimes longer, but the lack of predictability is fun. the beat is cool but the whole reason this is fun is that crazy progression. at 4:24 this is a new song. i like the deconstruction of the drums but it's nothing amazing. the octave synth thing at the end reminds me of a silly doodle song i wrote a while ago but can't find it. i'm pretty sure i used an asian sounding stringed instrument too, cannot remember what it might be called though....

nodezsh - this track just sounds like ae. maybe it's because there is nothing else i have heard that is like this.... either way, the beat is interesting but obviously could stand a little more groove. maybe i'm not getting the timing in my head right yet. i do really like the edits of the beat, the whole thing together isn't so coherent though. once it gets into its groove at the end, it reminds me strongly of quaristice, especially with the noodling after the beat ends.

runrepik - fun that they would do a 5/4 track. this track suffers even more than nodezsh from lack of groove imo. i do like the breakdown of the beat, but it's not something i'm going to crave listening to.

spl9 - thank you autechre. this track is just banging. the way the beat IS the progression is something that sounds great in idea but rarely works in a tasteful way. the end is cool too. i don't really have a lot to say other than LISTEN TO THIS TRACK

cloudline - the pads on this track are just annoying. i don't know why ae would use those pads, it's like when you find some useless preset and try to tweak it to make it better, but it just gets worse. it really ruins the whole song for me. i do like some of the stuff that happens later but it's simply not worth it to listen that long.

deco Loc - this is in the vein of prac-f and Flep imo, nice palate but there isn't enough to keep my attention

recks on - surprising beat. ae would only do this beat dressed up in some fm synth bits these days, but the track is still pretty fun. it feels a little out of place. the 2nd half of the song is much more exai-sounding, and i like it quite a bit. the minor2 progression never seems to get old. the beat at 6:35 is very nice, would like to hear some more chaotic edits but that's pretty picky.

YJY UX - basically another bladelores/drane progression. i do like the idea behind the main arpeg/synth and the way it breaks down around that line. the thing that is really annoying is that the higher frequencies are disproportionately loud and painful to my ears. for this reason, i can't listen to this track loud. and that really sucks, this is a quality track. the beat is so crisp.

the thing that struck me initially was the number of high frequency sounds that are literally painful to me. i am wondering if my hearing is messed up (i have tinnitus), because these things seem to bother me much more than other people. even some of the fills in fleure are a little rough, but they are quick so not too bad. at this point, i can only really listen to T ess xi, tuinorizn or YJY UX at low volume, which makes me assume i'm missing tons of ae that is only revealed when loud.

overall, i want to thank autechre for being interesting, unpredictable, unique and unforgiving. would listen again

i tried not to write a lot of senseless bullshit so we can discuss this. i know ae sound like future washing machines being humped by lizard people made of metals but there are only so many jokes you can make about that.

i tried not to write a lot of senseless bullshit so we can discuss this. i know ae sound like future washing machines being humped by lizard people made of metals but there are only so many jokes you can make about that.

cannot really tell "how it sounds". too subjective. i can only tell what appears in dreams when listening to exai...

nodezsh - this track just sounds like ae. maybe it's because there is nothing else i have heard that is like this.... either way, the beat is interesting but obviously could stand a little more groove. maybe i'm not getting the timing in my head right yet. i do really like the edits of the beat, the whole thing together isn't so coherent though. once it gets into its groove at the end, it reminds me strongly of quaristice, especially with the noodling after the beat ends.

I see the drum pattern of this track as a representation of us IDM zealots with our sometimes confused, nervous and defunct brains. Getting out of order, trying to catch up...

I see the drum pattern of this track as a representation of us IDM zealots with our sometimes confused, nervous and defunct brains. Getting out of order, trying to catch up...

This drumpattern at the end reminds me A LOT of Hub (Chiastic Slide). But with different instruments. It is "almost" the same pattern...

you know i actually got nodezsh in my head right after i wrote that and it makes a lot more sense.

irlite get 0 is fucking awesome. holy shit ae please do more long progression songs like this.

i came in my pants on the way to work listening to the end of irlite get 0. also still cumming for vekoS, and prac-f sounded a lot more interesting to me today. i really just love the sound palate on prac-f, i wish they would have a song with the palate of prac-f and the arrangement of bladelores/yjy ux

yjy ux is really annoying to type....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chogg

runrepik - fun that they would do a 5/4 track. this track suffers even more than nodezsh from lack of groove imo. i do like the breakdown of the beat, but it's not something i'm going to crave listening to.

wat. It's 4/4, just fast and syncopated. So, quite the contrary, I'd say - quite a groove. Others on this board have noted the footwork influence and I'd have to agree.

No odd meter tunes on this album.

Guest theSun

it just sounds like sloppy 5/4, it's a feel more than an explicit time signature to me.

now that i've heard runrepik maybe 10 times it's better to me, still not standing out though.

nodezsh grew on me a bit more as well, but neither track comes close to the first 4, vekos, spl9, recks on.

1 1 is is 1 track i thought would be a standout, but i get a little impatient when listening to it, and the end really doesn't jive with me.

Archived