IGNORED

Wanted: Analogue Bubblebath 5 (serious buyer)

eh Speedy

So I'm finally in the market for this piece. Thinking one of you lads that got it w/ the Analord binder and may not actually care about keeping it, might need the cash. So what might you be asking?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid 450 for one fairly recently, can't imagine anyone setting a price for much lower. They've gone the cheapest on ebay if popsike is anything to go by.

It's just one of those records people can pretty much ask what they want for it and someone will pay.

I'd also be interested to see what the rest of WATMM reckons would be a reasonable asking price. 'Reasonable' being used very loosely there.

Referring to popsike, the last copy of Analogue Bubblebath 5 was sold in 2008 for 350 quids (Quite affordable in my opinion, since is AB5!). I think we'll have to wait quite some time. I hope the EP doesn't reach discogs, people go mad with prices there, I saw the analord binder (Complete from 1 to 11) on sale for 500 gbp, and someone actually bought it (500£ = 584€ = 782$) :mellow: .

Just imagine the reaction of the people who bought Analogue Bubblebath 5 for 1000+ dollars if it'll get a full release (even if limited) for 8-15 pounds... :emotawesomepm9:

I got mine off Discogs. There used to be a copy up for 3000GBP there but I think the dude gave up on that price and dropped it to 450. Either that or someone bit the bullet and another one got put on. It's the only time I've seen one for sale since I've been collecting and I think there's too much mythos around it for a proper release so I figured I had to break the bank.

Either way, good luck on your quest.

*Plus I absolutely love this album.

*Remembers the halcyon days when ABB5 was 1700+ USD before the Analord fiasco put more in circulation*

*Also remembers Richard's empty words of giving it a "proper release some day"*

If they did ever release it, it would probably be digital only. I wouldn't hold your breath. There's a greater chance of the BoC album coming out then ABB5 anytime soon.

Sorry, that was 450GBP so around 700USD, still pretty high if you ask me - Considering its just a white label.

It cant have been up for more than half an hour, I know roughly what time new marketplace items come up because I'm paranoid about missing out on records...

You still have yours Joy? Anything written on it? Pics?

Yeah - no, nothing notable other than the catalogue number scribbled on it with the sides numbered.

And no, I wouldn't let it go - just like the Maxima cassette - too rare of a musical treasure.

Joyrex, do you know if someone actually ever sold the Mfm cassette on the internet? Do you possess a copy of it?

Anyway, I suspect your music collection could be one of the mightiest I've ever heard about.

You still have yours Joy? Anything written on it? Pics?

Yeah - no, nothing notable other than the catalogue number scribbled on it with the sides numbered.

And no, I wouldn't let it go - just like the Maxima cassette - too rare of a musical treasure.

Nice. Didn't expect you would.

Joyrex, do you know if someone actually ever sold the Mfm cassette on the internet? Do you possess a copy of it?

Anyway, I suspect your music collection could be one of the mightiest I've ever heard about.

Yes, I have an original MFM cassette - I don't recall ever seeing one for sale - to my recollection there's only a few that were made (they are all DIY, hand-written affairs), so I doubt anyone who has one would sell it, for fear of Richard breaking their knuckles.

My collection really isn't as impressive as one might think; I really slowed down collecting (and thankfully in a way the artists slowed down too with their releases), and honestly, I'm more into listening to the damn stuff instead of it taking up cabinet space in my office at home, and really, I find myself more wanting to buy digital-only stuff rather than good old physical media...

I feel cheated buying digital. It's like, if it's not good enough to put to physical media, like how invested in it's creation were you as an artist? Maybe this is old world thinking but it's really how I feel when I see a digital only release.

I feel cheated buying digital. It's like, if it's not good enough to put to physical media, like how invested in it's creation were you as an artist? Maybe this is old world thinking but it's really how I feel when I see a digital only release.

Sometimes being "invested as an artist" is precluded by being "poor as a human being."

Yes, I have an original MFM cassette - I don't recall ever seeing one for sale - to my recollection there's only a few that were made (they are all DIY, hand-written affairs), so I doubt anyone who has one would sell it, for fear of Richard breaking their knuckles.

My collection really isn't as impressive as one might think; I really slowed down collecting (and thankfully in a way the artists slowed down too with their releases), and honestly, I'm more into listening to the damn stuff instead of it taking up cabinet space in my office at home, and really, I find myself more wanting to buy digital-only stuff rather than good old physical media...

PICS!

PICS!

I bet the MfM cassette is the centerpiece of an alter and each full moon JR must sacrifice a chicken to it lest it transform into a cassette of early Cylob demos.

PICS!

Nah, too much trouble (it took me hours to unwrap everything I did for the extras sale) - everything is either in a protective sleeve (even the CDs), or still in the original mailers.

No seller rating but another rare one just came up...

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Caustic-Window-The-Joyrex-J9-EP/89829485?ev=wh

Wow, that guy's got quite the set of records for sale. It's not too often that you see Mask 200 for sale... I think it's just as hard to find as Mask 100, although €250.00 sounds a little steep.

Archived