IGNORED

Wanted: Analogue Bubblebath 5 (serious buyer)

eh Speedy

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Over a grand and still a week left of bidding. Notch is probably gonna end up with this one too isn't he?

Also Chalybs, update required!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This copy belongs to a very good friend of AFX, who has approved this sale"

I thought the story with the sale of the copy of AB5 by Joyrex and Aphex was that Aphex had second thoughts at the last minute and "won" the auction himself as he still wanted to release this later on. Why would he approve of yet another sale of a copy of AB5 then ?

Minor bump, there are now two copies up for sale on discogs. one for 7.500 pounds, another for €12,500...

Weird thing is that both mention that there were only 20 copies pressed up (I remember there were more?). Besides that, the first one (the 7.500 quid one) had this in his description:

Comments: [VP - 000] 1/25 Copies exists - This Sale Is Approved By AFX Himself

That comment has now been deleted and replaced with: "Rare Aphex LP - 1 of 20 copies" - edit: the seller is the guy from the Vinyl Pimp actually! Interesting...

P.S. - I'm wondering how that Russian transaction with Chalybs above turned out in the end!

I got scammed, basically. Some other guy had bought something from him on discogs and received nothing as well. Never trust a Russian with no feedback.

Minor bump, there are now two copies up for sale on discogs. one for 7.500 pounds, another for €12,500...

Weird thing is that both mention that there were only 20 copies pressed up (I remember there were more?). Besides that, the first one (the 7.500 quid one) had this in his description:

That comment has now been deleted and replaced with: "Rare Aphex LP - 1 of 20 copies" - edit: the seller is the guy from the Vinyl Pimp actually! Interesting...

P.S. - I'm wondering how that Russian transaction with Chalybs above turned out in the end!

I got scammed, basically. Some other guy had bought something from him on discogs and received nothing as well. Never trust a Russian with no feedback.

That's horrible man, sorry to hear that. Did you get your money back though? Discogs must've helped you with this?

"This copy belongs to a very good friend of AFX, who has approved this sale"

I thought the story with the sale of the copy of AB5 by Joyrex and Aphex was that Aphex had second thoughts at the last minute and "won" the auction himself as he still wanted to release this later on. Why would he approve of yet another sale of a copy of AB5 then ?

It's a mate of Richards' (can't say who) who is selling this - I find it odd too that after the whole Ebay fiasco he'd let another copy go on the block...

That's horrible man, sorry to hear that. Did you get your money back though? Discogs must've helped you with this?

I think that Discog's policies don't include any buyer protection but they only offer a platform for buying/selling/trading. So since they can't/won't do more than ban the seller Paypal is the best shot to get the money back. Really sorry for you Chalybs! I've bought from Russia once and it went without problems but I'm extra careful if I have to order something from the neighbour. Horror stories have done their job. The tracking number was useless though since it didn't get registered anywhere along the way. Was quite damn relieved when I received the notice of arrival from the post office.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

That comment has now been deleted and replaced with: "Rare Aphex LP - 1 of 20 copies" - edit: the seller is the guy from the Vinyl Pimp actually! Interesting...

i know this is super old but lol..... um no shit? can't believe you fell for that. got scammed "basically".... i would say scammed completely and utterly!!

• 3 weeks later...

There was another one up on Discogs recently for €650 by seller called MusiconSpain. Looked at the recent seller reviews and they were horrifying. Fuck that. Look at this idiot. 84.2 % rating. Never seen one that low. https://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/MusiconSpain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Joyrex, do you know if someone actually ever sold the Mfm cassette on the internet? Do you possess a copy of it?

Anyway, I suspect your music collection could be one of the mightiest I've ever heard about.

Yes, I have an original MFM cassette - I don't recall ever seeing one for sale -  to my recollection there's only a few that were made (they are all DIY, hand-written affairs), so I doubt anyone who has one would sell it, for fear of Richard breaking their knuckles.

My collection really isn't as impressive as one might think; I really slowed down collecting (and thankfully in a way the artists slowed down too with their releases), and honestly, I'm more into listening to the damn stuff instead of it taking up cabinet space in my office at home, and really, I find myself more wanting to buy digital-only stuff rather than good old physical media...

This. I do buy vinyl here and there, and really like collecting. I don't get the point of buying a digital download. Someone WILL almost certainly have stuck it on Youtube lol

I don't get the point of buying a digital download. Someone WILL almost certainly have stuck it on Youtube lol

Yeah - fuck supporting an artist for their efforts!

Archived