IGNORED

Exai spectrogram images

zlemflolia

I checked around last night on a few from various later albums like Confield and Gantz Graf and there were no interesting spectograms which is why I think the Exai ones are intentional. Some at least, 11is is definitely intentional

hm.. someone already pointed out that it's LFO'd notch filters shifted 180 degress between L/R channels resulting in an interesting stereo effect, i'm thinking the nice looks of the spectrogram is a mere coincidence.

These spectrogram images are incredible, 1 1 is and Tuinorizn are awesomely intricate, while jatevee C and Fleure you can really match some of the sounds to how it looks.

I'd like to see more of these, only if you have the time/interest

Guest Rulohead32

Actually jatevee C sounds so much like "ya te vi, sí". This spanish sentence means: "I already saw you, yes".

The phonetic translation is: [dja·teh·vee, cee].

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Any theories?

Does anybody think that they started with the image and turned it into audio? I remember I had a dinky little rubbish program that could turn jpg's into audio...

They are electronic musicians, so they often modulate filters, which results in the patterns you see. It is cool looking, and is a nice way to visualize what is going on, but it isn't the least bit surprising.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived