IGNORED

Exai spectrogram images

zlemflolia

This is really cool, I'm assuming the way this works is that the x axis is time? If so, we should start a collab art project. There was this electronic music that some dude drew visual representations of as a function of time, sort of like an abstract looking sheet music. I know this is vague, but something like that set to autechre's work would be super cool, being able to look at a track and immediately identify the number of distinct chunks it has and what general flavour they have (sporadic and jittery or regular and groovy would visually look very distinct). Anyone else feel this should be done?

I don't really know how this all works, but I just saw this image on wikipedia that is supposed to be the spectrogram of a female speaking the words "It's all Greek to me"... doesn't this look just like the spectrogram image for Tuinorizn?

Human_voice_spectrogram.jpg

The pattern in "1 1 is" is probably due to the completely weird stereo stuff going on (not anything deliberately meant to look like an image). Looks like the left and right sides have separate modulated notch filters - see how they "domes" are opposite on the top/bottom?

Very pretty, though.

"jatevee C" on the other hand - no idea how they got that.

I don't really know how this all works, but I just saw this image on wikipedia that is supposed to be the spectrogram of a female speaking the words "It's all Greek to me"... doesn't this look just like the spectrogram image for Tuinorizn?

Human_voice_spectrogram.jpg

I could explain how it all works, but yea, sort of...

They both have a base frequency with higher frequencies, when you look at that only, yea, they look alike. But when you look closer and pay attention to the details, then no.

Also, this is a close up...

I don't know if my internet could handle the entire flac download so I'm stuck to this for now until I get CD

Someone else should try it with flac

Also how do you guys know it isn't flac? :P Height of the spectrum?

Archived