IGNORED

New track (?) from Hungarian Acid Party video

Friendly Foil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read up about what the guy has to say about Gerald Donald's output of the last 10 years. He pops in there in every thread about a new release and shits all over it, because it doesn't sound like dopplereffekt's early catchy electro stuff.

Ceephax makes fun musicz. His quality was pretty pish poor on the earlier albums, but he's getting better with each release. I cannot listen to many of his later tunes without smiling.

I like his naff style. Suits the music.

I can't see how by any stretch Ceephax can be considered 'hipster' (most overused word on wattm)

Your disapproval of Ceephax late output is indeed pretty passionate !

So because I hate a bunch of lame tracks and uninspired albums such as "The Crisp Chronicles" I'm a hater? Seriously who likes that shit? Do you guys like everything Aphex Twin did? I just don't get this mentality.

Just read up about what the guy has to say about Gerald Donald's output of the last 10 years. He pops in there in every thread about a new release and shits all over it, because it doesn't sound like dopplereffekt's early catchy electro stuff.

Partially true, I'm not wishing him to go back to the mid 90's electro computer world, I want new synth sounds, is that too much to ask these days? He's been remixing the same tracks for a decade, he deserves every criticism he gets, he doesn't get much if at all only because he's shielded by the Drexciya legacy. He's a lost cause either way, in interviews he sounds completely out of touch with the world.

Ceephax makes fun musicz. His quality was pretty pish poor on the earlier albums, but he's getting better with each release. I cannot listen to many of his later tunes without smiling.

I can't see how by any stretch Ceephax can be considered 'hipster' (most overused word on wattm)

Ceephax is the definition of an hipster. Are you even serious? He's an hipster, there's no arguing there.

http://www.last.fm/music/Ceephax+Acid+Crew/+images/45200461

Just browse any image of him, everything about him is hipster based, he's not even being ironic, he's an hipster. Even hipsters caught on with the Ceephad and started wearing his hipster shirts and online you can see them with Ceephax hipster avatars.

Ceephax is the definition of an hipster. Are you even serious? He's an hipster, there's no arguing there.

http://www.last.fm/music/Ceephax+Acid+Crew/+images/45200461

Just browse any image of him, everything about him is hipster based, he's not even being ironic, he's an hipster. Even hipsters caught on with the Ceephad and started wearing his hipster shirts and online you can see them with Ceephax hipster avatars.

LOL I want one

He is British..the whole hipster thing is to my mind a stupid American concept. It's not like he just started to wear stupid jumpers in the last few months, he appears to have liked them for quite some time. There is nothing wrong with having a certain style to promote your music. That doesn't equate to Hipster IMO

Yes! Crisp chronicles is terrific stuff. Crude, but full of the impulsive creative energy of someone who grew up with b-films and b-videogames (and their respective kind of soundtracks) and who has naturally come to appreciate the inadvertent lifeforce that lies buried within these so-called "lower arts".

And isn't it coincidental that the apparently "hip" fashion of youths matches that of Ceephax. It's probably the nineties kitsch revival thing that we all knew would happen, that just happens to have caught up with Ceephax (who, as far as I can remember, at no point ever left that era in the first place).

Why do people come into threads of fans excited about new music on a forum dedicated to that artist to shit all over his music? If you haven't enjoyed his output since 2003, why in the hell are you even in a Ceephax subforum? It's irritating to read shitty comments about music we love. It's like me going to some shitty ass pop music forum or something else and just trolling the fans there. We all have our own opinions, but is it really necessary? I've never understood the need to do this.

Why do people come into threads of fans excited about new music on a forum dedicated to that artist to shit all over his music? If you haven't enjoyed his output since 2003, why in the hell are you even in a Ceephax subforum? It's irritating to read shitty comments about music we love. It's like me going to some shitty ass pop music forum or something else and just trolling the fans there. We all have our own opinions, but is it really necessary? I've never understood the need to do this.

It's like, you know, the point of a forum : express your opinion, and discuss it with people.

Not sure that Hungarian track is on the new release wrt these new samples...https://clone.nl/item26662.html..

But track 6 was defo played by ceephax in Hungary...

Yeah that's what I thought this morning when I listened to those new samples...

Anyway... I don't want to listen to those samples again because I feel I'm going to waste the pleasure if I go further.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure does.

On cd.

Laserdisc as well please, that would be awesome.

Didn´t he say in a recent interview that the more ´fun´ Acid Crew tracks were also made and will be released ´very soon´? Must be that track on there as well (btw, in the same interview he also said that CD's sell like crap compared to vinyl, he still has a lot of Live cd's lying around...)

+ I saw on facebook he was considering the idea of making glow in the dark Ceephax shirts.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived