IGNORED

The Focus Group - Elektrik Karousel

Caretstik

Very much agreed ^. There seems to be a superfluous 'M' after 'April', so I hope that wasn't meant to read 'April/May'. GB have been pretty reliable with their dates though, so I'm fairly confident it'll be April.

Hope Wisp and kaini visit this thread as well, I miss the GB/'H' word heyday we seemed to have here a few years ago.

Nice! It's been too long. I wonder whatever happened to the Focus Group Video Comp that was supposedly in the works.

Also, the upcoming Folklore Tapes release is credited to Broadcast and the Focus Group, iirc

about bloody time! excitement!

edit: 'the focus group and friends'... interesting!

very interesting. I'm looking forward to the folklore tapes release as well, as I've loved everything that label has put out so far

btw: what ever happened to belbury poly + focus group collaboration? i think it was called the everywhere quartet or something

i can't do it atm, but someone should ask Jim Jupp this very question. Also the Belbury Circle release, that should be a good 'un. Wonder if/when we'll ever see it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fXvmH57.gif

This is the first Ghost Box release to feature redesigned CD packaging and this first edition comes in a highly desirable 8 panel digi pack designed by Julian House. The LP version comes on super heavyweight vinyl and includes a free download code card inside. The design is inspired by 1960s underground press and is conceived as a kind of mind altering DIY board game.

Pre-ordered vinyl and CD without a second thought as usual. I feel a little uneasy about arranging the digipack like that though, at least not without enclosing it with a circle of salt.

EDIT: Upcoming GB releases are sounding very promising as well (from an email yesterday):

"Coming next on Ghost Box is a new 7", Study Series 09: "Projections" by The Listening Center with Pye Corner Audio, and later this summer will be an exciting EP (CD, 10" vinyl and DL) by John Foxx and The Belbury Circle. This is the result of a collaboration between John Foxx, Belbury Poly and The Advisory Circle featuring a remix by Pye Corner Audio. Later in the year we'll be approaching the end of the Study Series with two more collaborative releases, one with Belbury Poly and Spacedog and the other with Jon Brooks and Sean O'Hagan (of the High Llammas)".

Great stuff- just pre-ordered the CD.

Nice to see the new design CD packaging as well, always found the old Ghost Box CD's a little disappointing in that respect. With all the fantastic design work done by House on the releases, just having an booklet in a jewel case seemed a bit lacking.

• 2 weeks later...

Pity GB now seem to be giving away download coupons rather than dl's straight from Greedbag. Unless you want to wait for the physical object. Hope you're rewarded tomorrow.

Pity GB now seem to be giving away download coupons rather than dl's straight from Greedbag. Unless you want to wait for the physical object. Hope you're rewarded tomorrow.

Cheers Caretstik, yeah I think even if they offered a DL with the CD would probably still wait for the disc to turn up. Very much looking forward to checking out the new Ghost Box packaging too.

Well I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was kind of expecting an extension of Witch Cults (which would be no bad thing) given the Broadcast involvement, but from the first few seconds we're straight back where we left off with Pan's People plus a shitload more. Probably the best FG album yet. Artwork is top notch of course as well, but I do wonder if House has been influenced a tad by Ian Hodgson for this. That's not meant to be a criticism by the way, in fact quite the opposite.

Archived