IGNORED

The Focus Group - Elektrik Karousel

Caretstik

Probably the best FG album yet. Artwork is top notch of course as well, but I do wonder if House has been influenced a tad by Ian Hodgson for this. That's not meant to be a criticism by the way, in fact quite the opposite.

this and we are all pan's people might now be my favorite focus group works. 'flaming voices' is gorgeous

btw: when you said house has been influenced a tad by ian hodgson- did you mean design wise or production wise? just curious

Sorry, I should've said in the design of Elektrik Karousel. Listening to the CD again in the early hours, this is now definitely my favourite FG album. Incidentally, I counted 26 tracks on the vinyl, with 29 on the CD. And I agree with you on Flaming Voices, also loving Kinky Korner Klub, amongst many others.

It's been a while coming, but this album was certainly worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

until 'tigt gruffil' i was afraid this was going to be a normal record... but there's the broken loveliness i've come to expect!

Archived