IGNORED

TRI▽ANGLE RECORDS

Hoodie

Haven't really been able to get into AlunaGeorge but they're ok, I want to like them since their name is "a" + name of one of my favorite Harry Potter characters + my cat's name

LOL, loving that.

glad someone did :happy:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i skipped over alunageorge originally and just got their music because of joshuatx's post. i'm really liking them! they remind me a lot of little boots and the golden filter.

this remix is awesome:

When is the Haxan Cloak album out? I loved his Latitudes release, not so keen on the debut album though.

Looks like April 30th.

http://www.spin.com/articles/the-haxan-cloak-interview-excavation-tri-angle

Nice! The Mirror Reflecting sounds awesome, can't wait for the album. Think I need to revisit his debut.

When is the Haxan Cloak album out? I loved his Latitudes release, not so keen on the debut album though.

Looks like April 30th.

Nice! The Mirror Reflecting sounds awesome, can't wait for the album. Think I need to revisit his debut.

I never really did listen to it but yeah it's probably time. According to that interview I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually did a rap album....a really dark evil rap album!

i skipped over alunageorge originally and just got their music because of joshuatx's post. i'm really liking them! they remind me a lot of little boots and the golden filter.

this remix is awesome:

Bondax are good lads

Looks like April 30th.

I never really did listen to it but yeah it's probably time. According to that interview I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually did a rap album....a really dark evil rap album!

That'd be sweet, I'd love to hear some properly dark hip-hop that wasn't tainted by the try-hard ICP "horrorcore" influences (fucking hate that shit), just dark and macabre imagery. Aesop Rock's recent Skelethon kinda went that route and it's a fantastic album but it'd be sweet to see someone really delve down the dark paths and make some sinister hip-hop. Truth be told, I've been dabbling with the idea for a project like that myself.

A full album of shit like this would be sweet...

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar realization about 'Moments in Love'. Heard this track in the Autechre Radio webcast (@ around 6hr 45m in Mix 1). With the slow-motion feel and vocals as melody, I was all but convinced it was some contemporary Tri Angle artist..

The sub bass Autechre mixed underneath the track as they're transitioning out of it helped this illusion as well..

AE and AFX (or hell most of the watmm artists) dig up some excellent "way-ahead-of-their-time" 80s tracks in the mixes, I've found so many releases from their DJ sets.

Congrats on finding that classic shit. These videos used to play on VH1.

There's a bit of novelty lost in the age of internet videos - I'm not complaining at all, the vast amount of quality videos is wonderful but I do fondly recall the feeling of watching a music video as a kid coupled with hearing new music and then not being able to instantly google their name but instead remembering the song and artist and seeking out their albums from there, hoping to hear a song on the radio or see the video again in the meantime.

• 6 months later...

joshuatx, on 12 Mar 2013 - 1:55 PM, said:

I had never heard this until today and my first thought was "This sounds like it was by someone who can actually halfway produce compared to any Tri Angle single"

It's from 1984!!!

fixed

joshuatx, on 12 Mar 2013 - 1:55 PM, said:

I had never heard this until today and my first thought was "This sounds like it was by someone who can actually halfway produce compared to any Tri Angle single"

It's from 1984!!!

fixed

MAtPpVV.gif

I love TRI ANGLE.s

and the label is consistently impressive.

Haxan Cloak is the real deal.....

Balam Acab is as well.

Clams....................

Burial should move to this label.

I just got into Water Borders. The third track on their album is creeping me out right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHIRxDZ-xA

I saw on discogs the title of this track is actually not just waldenpond but waldenpond.com ... check out the site whilst playing that track. Genuinely creepy.

Tri Angle had a good start, but the last releases haven't impressed me much. Forest Swords was totally aside from their normal range and for what they actually stand for. The last HTDW album was just a overproduced pile of wannabe-r'n'b (maybe done with 5 spliffs). The only constant surprise for me is Holy Other. He hasn't failed (yet) for my taste. And The Haxan Cloak, of course.

oOoOO's debut was proper done, adding some magick to the already deflating witchhouse-genre. His second try was to thin for my taste, only one track remembering me what he made in the past.

Sorry for this rant in such an appreciating thread :dry:

The last HTDW album was just a overproduced pile of wannabe-r'n'b (maybe done with 5 spliffs).

oOoOO's debut was proper done, adding some magick to the already deflating witchhouse-genre. His second try was to thin for my taste, only one track remembering me what he made in the past.

Sorry for this rant in such an appreciating thread :dry:

Nah man it's fine. I do not dig How To Dress Well either, that and his fellow peers just don't do it for me. I suppose I get the appeal of R&B in general but lately it's been very, very trendy and the cynic in me is screaming that it's all a bunch of forced bullshit, an abilene paradox even between the producers, fans, and press.

Yeah oOoOO got kind of dull. It's not bad at all, just like, I dunno, I rather listen to Russian Burial clones instead (Ghostek, Volor Flex, Nocow). I've not heard anything top "Mumbai: by him.

Archived