IGNORED

Bang Face Weekender 2013, 13-15 Sept

Saint Acid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't they find another venue?

I hope it wasn't down to poor ticket sales due to higher cost, shitty caravans and longer travel putting a lot of regulars off? I really hope this isn't the end of the weekender :(

Shouldn't think its down to lack of sales, I know the venue had issues with the council and putting on loud events.

They used to only do "run to the sun" weekenders there, but in the last couple of years added a few more events that has probably pushed the locals over the edge.

St. Acid had put something on facebook about the sound restriction being unworkable and I know he would not have taken this decision lightly. If there was no way around it then he would have pulled the plug - same thing happened at Glade with the sound restrictions and thats (probably) why bangface stopped playing there...

The numbers weekender was at the same caravan park earlier this year, never saw any reviews of it though so not sure if they had any sound issues?

I know they did the last ATP and what was the Southport Weekender (old school house) at Camber Sands recently. If possible I really think it should go back there and be put on early in the year like it used to be as a lot of my entourage work in or around education so September is always a no go for leave, also the chalets there were a lot better than what I've heard about the caravans last year.

I really hope this isn't the end as we've lost Bloc, Glade and ATP amongst others.

bummer to hear this. last year was the tits.

Seriously...

I wasn't even able to go this year but I'm sad for you guys.

Was actually just creating loose plans to go back next year with some friends a few days ago. :'( Aw I really liked that park...

Let's be honest, smaller festivals are dying over here. Due to licensing, cost, sound restrictions and people not appreciating the fact that sometimes people want to have a party. Everybody has got a fucking NIMBY attitude that just stinks.

My friend went to Berlin a few weeks back to a party in the middle of the city, extremely loud music just blasting while there are people going about nearby working in the city. Nobody complains though because it's just expected that once in a while people are going to have a party. Minor inconvenience.

This is a country of moaners. Just see this post as an example.

Shouldn't think its down to lack of sales, I know the venue had issues with the council and putting on loud events.

They used to only do "run to the sun" weekenders there, but in the last couple of years added a few more events that has probably pushed the locals over the edge.

St. Acid had put something on facebook about the sound restriction being unworkable and I know he would not have taken this decision lightly. If there was no way around it then he would have pulled the plug - same thing happened at Glade with the sound restrictions and thats (probably) why bangface stopped playing there...

The numbers weekender was at the same caravan park earlier this year, never saw any reviews of it though so not sure if they had any sound issues?

Aye, a mate of mine won a caravan and was @ that Pleasure Principle festival (the numbers weekender) said it was just too quiet :( Licensing issues - i.e. residents/council complaining about noise!!!!!!)

Fairplay to Bangface for not letting it go ahead if it can't be bang'd/done right!

On the 10th Birthday the heroes of rave take a jab to the eye but will come back on the 11th in a new home stronger!!!!! ;)

Archived