IGNORED

Sony Expected To Unveil The Next Playstation Tomorrow

Joyrex

Sony is widely expected to unveil the next Playstation (I'm hoping they call it something besides PS4) tomorrow, February 20th.

There's been tonnes of rumours about the controller (supposedly with a touch pad and Move light sensor functionality), and the hardware, cloud gaming (they bought Gaikai presumably because they want to stream PS3 games via the cloud for backwards compatibility), etc.

What's your expectations of tomorrow's announcement(s)?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still content with the PS3, unless they come out with some ridiculously awesome looking titles I'll just stick to playing games I haven't gotten to yet in this current gen. Even then, I'm not getting one til it's cheaper (because I'm poor atm). Also there are quite a few quality titles still on schedule to release on the PS3.

I expect Sony to create a system with good specs and great exclusive titles, and to reveal it all in an awkward, unintentionally humorous and self-defeating way, and then to totally fuck up marketing it for the next three to six years.

I expect Sony to create a system with good specs and great exclusive titles, and to reveal it all in an awkward, unintentionally humorous and self-defeating way, and then to totally fuck up marketing it for the next three to six years.

LOL, that's not expectation, that's almost a certainty! :emotawesomepm9:

i've heard a rumor that the new games will cost twice as much as they're cranking up the resolution to full hd.

I'd be surprised if they raised game prices any higher than 60USD - especially since more and more games are being delivered/available digitally.

i've heard a rumor that the new games will cost twice as much as they're cranking up the resolution to full hd.

PC has already been doing this and the prices have been the same.

I hope there'll be some real gameplay footage and not a lot of "gameplay", like they had for the PS3. I expect a ton of hyperbole and then some more hyperbole. Hopefully some cool exclusive games to sweeten the deal. New footage from The last guardian will finally be shown, looking amazon. Then I suspect I'll throw my money violently at the monitor and pace around impatiently waiting for my new console to appear. If all else fails some memes will come from it causing massive damage.

They're gonna show off...

- Killzone 4 (I know someone who knows someone who works on it - no shit)

- They're gonna show off a racing game because people know what cars look like... also, Riiiiiiidge Racer

- They're gonna talk about Playstation Cloud (streaming PS3 games to the PS4)

- They're gonna talk about the controller (duh) that we've already seen photos of.

- They're gonna talk about their new interface which hopefully won't be as Japanese as it is on the PS3.

- The new interface is gonna come to the PS3 as well

- They're not gonna show anyone actually play any games on the PS4, but they are gonna show gameplay

- They're gonna spend a lot of time talking about how the Vita is integrated into the whole PS4 universe.

- They're gonna announce that The Last Guardian is coming to the PS4

- They're gonna show off a new Quantic Dream game

Btw. when is this on?

another rumor from a very reliable source im not allowed to expose is that this rumored touchpad is an actual 3" full hd touchscreen, there will be no actual hdmi connectivity so this is only screen. there's also supposed to be a mouse connectivity this time which goes directly into the controller.

Btw. when is this on?

Beyond: Two Souls better still be coming out on PS3 or I'm gonna be a little dissappointed... I want to play it so bad. I hope The Last Guardian does as well, but I could easily see it being a launch title for the PS4

Btw. when is this on?

Beyond: Two Souls better still be coming out on PS3 or I'm gonna be a little dissappointed... I want to play it so bad. I hope The Last Guardian does as well, but I could easily see it being a launch title for the PS4

You haven't seen anything from The Last Guardian for two years now or something... sooooo...

Could be Quantic is showing off a new game made on that new engine they showed off last year.

Also, Watchdogs and Star Wars 1313. Hopefully, they'll show off one of these games.

They're gonna show off...Riiiiiiidge Racer

lol. Reminds me of that Kaz Hirai video from 2006 with the unveiling of the PS3. They'll probably charge an arm and a leg for the PS4 also.

I'll definitely be glued to my tv once it starts at around 6pm EST tomorrow.

Yoshihisa Hashimoto, Technical Director for Square Enix, will be attending to most likely show off a new Final Fantasy game or that Agni's Philosophy thing they released a video for a while back.

Can't wait!

PC has already been doing this and the prices have been the same.

the PS3 has a good selection of 1080p games like MGS4, Wipout HD, Uncharted and GOW3 amongst others

MGS5 (set between 3 and erm 1 about the begining of Foxhound apparently) is due for the PS4

I hope Sony have learn't from the fuck up that was the PS3 on release.

Sony is widely expected to unveil the next Playstation (I'm hoping they call it something besides PS4) tomorrow, February 20th.

There's been tonnes of rumours about the controller (supposedly with a touch pad and Move light sensor functionality), and the hardware, cloud gaming (they bought Gaikai presumably because they want to stream PS3 games via the cloud for backwards compatibility), etc.

What's your expectations of tomorrow's announcement(s)?

lol

People still care about Final Fantasy?

I think they may be able to revive it if they do it right.

a new Final Fantasy game

Can't wait!

I can't see how the generation that played the fuck out of VII back in the day would still get excited over a new FF game. Especially after XIII.

My saying "Can't wait!" was talking about the conference itself, not final fantasy. Yes XIII was terrible, but I think if they were able to make a game as good as FFVII there may still be hope of something decent in the future. I'm trying to stay optimistic is all.

Archived