IGNORED

Sony Expected To Unveil The Next Playstation Tomorrow

Joyrex

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, Watch Dogs' lead platform will be PC because it's easier to port from PC to PS4.

I was hoping this would happen. Great news for both PC gamers, and PS4 gamers.

with more complex games taking longer to develop this can only be a good thing although I can't see the high production Sony flagship games being ported over to PC

I'm still worried that the machine will have no disk drive as online game prices are a rip off imho however if the cost is reasonable and this increased profit procreates bigger better games (I've only ever bought three brand new games because I'm a cheapskate) the future could be looking brighter in the longrun however if they decide to take the piss I'm dusting off my PS2 and going retro.

Why not? the PS4 is a PC...

I don't think this next generation of consoles will do away with an optical drive. Maybe the generation after, but certainly not this upcoming one. There are still a lot of people out there without reliable access to the internet.

Sony will want some exclusivity on its top games that will show off the machine and set it apart even if a decent PC could also be capable technically of playing the same game.

No matter what 2K gaming PC you have Skyrim will never look as lush as Uncharted 2&3 and thats because Sony have more money to throw at production as the console market is much bigger and PC games can pirate.

When doing stuff on multiple monitors then thats a whole other balkpark that PC gamers dominate.

If you can afford to go four figures on a gaming PC then a you can also afford a PS4 and xb720 imho.

with enb, depth-of-field mods, hi-res textures and static mesh adjustment mods, skyrim can look fucking beautiful. of course, you need a real workhorse of a gpu to run all that. my gtx 570 can't pull off enb, to my disappointment.

... but then again, i've never played uncharted 2 & 3, so i'm not sure how good those games look.

Uncharted 2&3 look great, but The Last of Us is truly amazing (by the same developer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Bdrb1Vkq0

the only thing I found impressive about that video is the way that the NPCs interacted with the player...one section where the player grapples with a guy who has a shotgun, and the NPC reacts...I've not really seen that in a game yet.

Otherwise, I was surprised to see jaggies...

looks... clunky :/ and no heavy breathing after running and jumping around like a loony? maybe I'm just nit-picking, but it's little things like that that makes a game feel real. decent graphics though!

Yeah Uncharted 2 and 3 are still some of the best looking games around. Naughty Dog does better lighting and SSAO than most fancy PC titles, they have an amazing situational character animation system, their facial animations are up there with the best of them and they show loads of maturity and talent in their art direction. Sure it's a 720p, aliased framebuffer. But to get something like Uncharted 2 or 3 to look the way it does on a PS3 is nothing short of incredible.

I can't wait to play The Last of Us, been itching for that one for quite a while now. My girlfriend, pre-ordered the special edition for me as a gift. Looks like it's gonna be fantastic.

Archived