IGNORED

Well, BT likes Autechre...

ZoeB

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh this thread seems to be entirely bait and serves no real purpose aside from pissing off watmmers. and has exceeded as its on page 4 now. But do not pretend your intentions were anything different, you noticed all the recent praise AE has received, found an old 2005 interview, purposefully omitted the question as to alter the context of the response and finally formatted the thread title "Well, BT likes Autechre..." to encourage negativity. "Well" entails that you are introducing an argument and the three periods serve to force us, the readers, to imagine the kind of conclusion one would make from this argument. Not a conclusion on BT, but on ourselves and AE. So you are essentially making judgement and generalizations against AE fans and watmmers. Don't pretend otherwise. Absolutely fine that you like his music, but not cool to try and paint people in negative light because they don't like his music.

I don't think it's fair to say Zoe tried to encourage negativity because clearly she is a fan, she even put him in the same league as Wendy Carlos and Aphex (2 true innovators who don't hire people to do stutter edits for them). I just don't know if she's familiar with the overwhelming hatred that many music producers and electronic music fans have towards BT.

I don't think it's fair to say Zoe tried to encourage negativity because clearly she is a fan, she even put him in the same league as Wendy Carlos and Aphex (2 true innovators who don't hire people to do stutter edits for them). I just don't know if she's familiar with the overwhelming hatred that many music producers and electronic music fans have towards BT.

I just thought it was nice that an artist I like likes another artist I like. Autechre aren't exactly that well known,

and I thought you might appreciate learning there's another well

respected musician who likes them. Wow, you guys are so negative... :P

In short, he's a musician I find inspirational like Wendy Carlos, Aphex

Twin and Autechre because he clearly puts a lot of work into his music.

Surprisingly, though, people here don't seem to like him, apparently

because of his hair.

I disagree and think she is trying to prove some point about homophobia on watmm, as note her comment about watmmers not liking BT because of his hair. Its a terrible way of going about trying to prove that kind of point because BT does steal and doesn't generally make music that is good in the classical idm/watmm sense. It should be obvious that the music BT produces is generally not at all close to the 'punk' style/aesthetic of AE and AFX. Its classic 101 trolling.

Thread should have been terminated upon it's inception/birth. Bringing BT here is like throwing a badger into a wolf's lair. Unfair, inappropriate and misjudged.

It's hard to say whose pride has taken the biggest bashing, BT or Zoe B

Fucking woeful thread which should have been zapped off the face of the universe 2 days ago, its somehow crawled out of the abortion bin and spawned another 2 pages.

Get it the fuck outta here. Lock it or something.

I think the answer will depend on whether Zoe likes BT. But in either case, I think you are flaming, compson. I find it unlikely that the point of this thread was to flame or insult ae fans, Zoe herself being one of them!

Thread should have been terminated upon it's inception/birth. Bringing BT here is like throwing a badger into a wolf's lair. Unfair, inappropriate and misjudged.

It's hard to say whose pride has taken the biggest bashing, BT or Zoe B

Fucking woeful thread which should have been zapped off the face of the universe 2 days ago, its somehow crawled out of the abortion bin and spawned another 2 pages.

Get it the fuck outta here. Lock it or something.

Who the fuck are you?

How about you indulge in a goblet of my diarrhea

I think the answer will depend on whether Zoe likes BT. But in either case, I think you are flaming, compson. I find it unlikely that the point of this thread was to flame or insult ae fans, Zoe herself being one of them!

so she claims...

No it doesn't depend on whether she likes BT or not. She accused people here for not liking BT because of how he looks and based her entire OP and argument around this point. A) Omitting the question changes the context of BT's response. With a thread title of BT likes AE... and then the following quote, I personally thought he was saying his favorite music ever is AE. B) Ignoring arguments against BT and showing the vast "DIY" contrasts between AE/AFX and BT, she instead accuses people of being superficial. Which would be the case if BT was actually relevant to the kind of music AE creates and WATMM enjoys. WIthin that context there would be an easy route to relaying this information without it coming across as troll bait.

Be reminded I have no real issue with her opinion about BT. Nor do I find trolling to be a ban worthy or illegal act against humanity. It's all game. But I am also permitted to demonstrate the pointlessness of this thread because of how it presented itself given the context Watmmers always sharing their distaste with BT's non-DIY practices and soulless music. So she can play ignorance, fine, but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not she likes BT. She can not like BT and be trolling and she can like BT and be trolling. It really doesn't interest me.

My posts length is a bit much for the actual crime that I am accusing her of, but I am doing video editing and when I make changes I have 5 minute rendering waits, which is all it takes to type up two paragraphs. I enjoy arguments, not because I want to win but because of the getting better at it aspect. It's good practice for all parties and the least bit personal when it deals with something as silly as internet trolling. In this case the troll bait smelled too strongly for me to not engage in battle.

lol, fair enough, i was just hoping you weren't actually upset about this thread in some way. carry on compson. :nacmat:

lol

I could see why you would think that as I did go beyond just accusing her for trolling and concluded her motivations. Which is harder to prove but in this case I think I am right. And the thing with trolling everyone does it. Some better than others. :gamer:

lol, fair enough, i was just hoping you weren't actually upset about this thread in some way. carry on compson. :nacmat:

lol

I could see why you would think that as I did go beyond just accusing her for trolling and concluded her motivations. Which is harder to prove but in this case I think I am right. And the thing with trolling everyone does it. Some better than others. :gamer:

OP is the nicest person on this forum and you guys ridiculed her taste and accused her of trolling. Congrats.

Archived