IGNORED

Arovane is back?

azatoth

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting an LP5 AE vibe on some of these unreleased Soundcloud tracks, particularly 'Modular Session G2'...

i'd say that's close, but much more EP7 sounding to me. Left Blank, Liccflii for Modular Session G2 in particular

freaking ve palor -theme sounds SO much like Pule.

i mean, i like some Arovane (particularly the collaboration with Phonem) but this stuff is just like...blatant. *runs and hides don't listen to my music it probably sounds like AE sometimes too but got i hope not this much*

I've never heard of Arovane.. could you recommend a good place to start?

Start with Incunabula. :diablo:

..but if he's back that's great news.

• 9 months later...
Guest murphythecat8

i have a few arovane albums but never listened to cycliph, thanks for that

he's pretty autechrey i guess, but ae are still in another league

i like his stuff, don't love it

I much prefer arovane then autechre, go figure.

Icol diston is a great place to start for autechre lover

Arovane is one of the best imo.

Listening to Ve Palor on youtube, was prolly too quick to dismiss

He has a knack for making dat harmony flow and at best makes original (albeit safe), dope tracks that stand on their own.

I was gonna sell mine.. maybe I shouldn't. It's a good album, I just don't feel any real connection to it ya know? It's just such a dated sound, that I've explored in depth during my 20's and I'm not sure I really NEED this album to get that feeling. No disrespect to Arovane at all, and I'm actually listening to the album right now.

fuck it. this album is pretty damn good.

Guest murphythecat8

yeah, the new arovane album is hard to connect with. However, the sheer complexity and beauty of his synth sounds is ambsolutely one of the best I have heard.

Its a damn good album, but I wish he would have stayed in the tide/lillies kinda sounds.

• 11 months later...
Unbelievably happy to announce that our third physical release is already in the making - a stunning ambient album by AROVANE and Hior Chronik. This will be the label's first artist album and Rafael Anton Irisarri is busy mastering the release at his new Black Knoll studio.

We all thought 'Goodbye Forever' would be the last we'd hear of Arovane, but he returned with an IDM album for n5MD and now 2015 looks even more exciting with Hior on board!!
Ambient Arovane (sort of) imminent?

• 2 months later...

Never really listened to this artist

Tides sounds really good so far, thanks for the recommendation ! Really sounds like early 00's (yes I'm already starting to be nostalgic about the noughties)

Archived