IGNORED

Autechre Tracks with Vocal Samples

ambermonk

Almost every track they've made has vocal snippets.

Maybe it's just me, but I can hear at least one in every track.

Yes, you're right! Although in recent years the frequency has dropped.

Haha Pro Radii is the only one i have ever noticed this on before

I will listen to the others to see if i can hear!

Cool :)

It's kind of like an Easter Egg hunt. I'm certain that every release from Cavity Job to Exai has at least one track with "vocals".

Also, IV VV IV VV VIII from Draft 7.30 has a very brief vocal snippet at the end.

laughing quarter

Huh? Can't hear/find these....what times?

I like when they do things like vocoding (I think that's what's going on in Lentic Catachresis) or other weird processing or resynthesis. I like their vocal emulation too - I always thought that Milk DX was an example of this.

There's a track on Minidisc where it sounds like they sampled some outside noise from a tape recorder into an RSD-10 and then used a vocal input to its pitch tracking to make the noise have a kind of speech cadence while being completely illegible.

• 2 weeks later...

"au-te-chre"... from the 2005 live sets.............love it............

love that.

man. machine. autechre.

can someone point this out? i've listened to a lot of those sets (the soundboard ones mostly) and never noticed. my ears are dumb sometimes though.

Hello people, nice thread.

Cavity Job:

- Cavity Job

Garbage EP:

- Bronchusevenmx24

Oversteps

- d-sho qub

can someone point this out? i've listened to a lot of those sets (the soundboard ones mostly) and never noticed. my ears are dumb sometimes though.

Gradually comes in during the second track. Took me until last year to hear it too. Not the voice, just the fact that it was saying Autechre.

This one's pretty tough to hear but I could swear there's a snippet on Exai's tuinorizn (precisely at 0:21) - it's less than half a second long but sounds like a voice going "Eyh" or something. I heard it once, now I can't un-hear it.

I was listening to the track in an Amsterdam hotel at 4 a.m. high on weed and actually thought the landlord had come to the room to complain about the noise.

there's a voice saying "yeah" or something all throughout tuinorizn, but its hard to hear except for the first time because after that they cover it up with a hi hat or something.

Guest rd1994

also the melody thats best heard at the end of flutter sounds to me like vocalizing...am I imagining things

• 1 month later...

second scepe hasn't been mentioned - feminine choppy obvious vocals... sexy
evolution of the beast- early remix you'll find on that awesome spreadsheet. Vocal harmonies all over this track
PIOBmx - anyone hear the word "rustles" throughout? I can clearly here it at the end of the track but my friend thinks i'm tripping. can someone tell me i'm goddamn right please(headphones may help) in fact i can here it on my shitty laptop speakers via youtube, but i might be tripping of course
close your eyes remix
goz quarter
Lowride - at 3:50 a voice saying something like "the noises" repeats

otherwise there are soooo many, and i'm sure this thread will be good to bring them all together. I'm just going from the top of my head right now.

Archived