IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FACT mag is saying these two shows are 9 hours long each

I hope so! I'll probably miss the Sunday one entirely, but at least I can catch the the last three or so on Sat.

Guest Rulohead32

are they going to be the same broadcast repeated, or two different ones?

I hope so, because I'm not going to be able to watch the saturday one, so I don't want to miss anything!

Guest the anonymous forumite

I hope they are gonna sneak in some alt versions of Exai, that'd be awesome. Just imagine, a new kind of Irlite (get 0) or a longer version of 1 1 is.

Nah, probably gonna be some 80 and 90s retronica and hop.

LOl at people being disappointed it isn't more music when 2 hours of new music just came out.

Seriously, it's one thing to hope for it, no matter how unrealistic, but to be disappointed is just silly. It's pretty much X-mAes right now.

I hope someone gets both shows recorded (if in fact they are different) looks like I won't be listening live this weekend, have prior obligations. I'll most likely tune in when I can though here and there.

How many months were there between Oversteps and MoT? As much as I'm super thankful for getting a 2 hour long album, I'm hoping they do an EP in the next few months, and Joyrex is hinting harder than my dick gets for Exai.

Feb 2010 - Jun 2010

Should have just announced it being a broadcast from the start.

But I am very pleased they are doing a broadcast. I missed the Oversteps one... in the middle of moving to a new place though so hopefully I won't miss this one too :(

For who is planning to record. I was preparing my recording setup and the Mixlr site makes it a little harder to record since it's an RTMP stream. I don't want to be the only one recording this since I plan on getting drugged and may mess something up so here's how to record the stream:

1. Open the stream page (http://mixlr.com/autechre/me)

2. We'll need to retrieve the RTMP stream url. You can do this easily with the javascript console of your browser (developer tools in Chrome or Firebug in Firefox.) While you're on the stream page and while the player is playing music, put this in the javascript console and press enter:

player.audio._iO.serverURL+"/"+player.audio._iO.url

It should return a stream URL looking like: rtmp://edge02.mixlr.com:443/live/production/5454ee19250fdd72657eb56da1ddf3b2

3. Use a program to capture this stream without converting. I'll probably use RTMPDump:

$ rtmpdump -r "rtmp://edge02.mixlr.com:443/live/production/5454ee19250fdd72657eb56da1ddf3b2" -V -o output.flv

Or with VLC using "Convert / save" with "Dump raw input" checked. It's a bit hard to see if data is coming in correctly but you can see it downloading at the statistics window.

It should dump it to an flv container which should contain an MP3 stream of 96kb/s.

Ego I tried that with VLC and it couldn't open the stream. However I was planning to just record what comes through the audio card, no dealing with streams then. Can do flac encode etc.

Archived