IGNORED

I think I get Oversteps now.

sweepstakes

Guest uiert

Hmm.

For me oversteps might be the best Ae album in the last decade. Its so lush, beautiful and spatial, oriental even. Its a nice break away from the exai/quaristice discourse. I find both of those albums quite similar in terms of sounds and atmosphere, if not composition. To me, versions and quadrange differ from that sound.

Anyhow, a quick question : what software would you use to get the 24bit waves into 16bit. I still havent burned the wave files I got with the purchases to cd. goes for oversteps, mot .. Thanks!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

For me oversteps might be the best Ae album in the last decade. Its so lush, beautiful and spatial, oriental even. Its a nice break away from the exai/quaristice discourse. I find both of those albums quite similar in terms of sounds and atmosphere, if not composition. To me, versions and quadrange differ from that sound.

Anyhow, a quick question : what software would you use to get the 24bit waves into 16bit. I still havent burned the wave files I got with the purchases to cd. goes for oversteps, mot .. Thanks!

I predict that Oversteps will be looked back upon in (5, 10, 20?) years as one of their more amazing and "cosmically relevant" albums.

dbpoweramp would work, but I don't think it's freeware, maybe try audacity.

Guest uiert

Would be great if it got exalted to cosmic levels of appreciation in the future..

What about winamp/itunes?

Guest pixelives

Hmm.

I agree. I just listened to See On See. God that is a devastating track. Hopeful and so sad at the same time.

Guest uiert

Hmm.

I agree. I just listened to See On See. God that is a devastating track. Hopeful and so sad at the same time.

Im quite into 0=o these days. Still, Known1 tops my list. I was reading the wind up bird chronicle by Murakami the time oversteps came out, the novel and album are conjoined To me. Gave the other work its perfect mirror image

^ terrifying avatar

Sorry to create my own thread for this but the Oversteps one is gone and I was probably the most vehement Oversteps hater besides maybe suffocate peon.

This looks exciting ... I like to think of myself as a pretty intense Oversteps hater: I managed to listen all the way through the album in one go only once, the first time I played it. I keep giving it another chance once every couple of months but it seems like the disappointment is only getting bigger and bigger with each try.

I have my copy of Exai on the table in front of me but haven't listened yet.

I predict that Oversteps will be looked back upon in (5, 10, 20?) years as one of their more amazing and "cosmically relevant" albums.

I hope so. I see it as on par with the classic 70s German electronic albums that everyone ejaculates over (myself included). I hope that when I'm in my 40s/50s/60s I can say to people in their 20s that I was around when it was released, saw them live, etc haha

Guest Seginustemple

Oversteps was round smoothe and bendy. circles and bubbles & spraycans

Of course, tenth album. It's the 0, the completed circle, it's gotta sound round. Ciphersteps, yo. O=0 and 0 is the cipher in hip-hop's 5% talk, something ae probably know since they like hip-hop, hence the spracyans. A cipher is also an algorithm for coding. Oh I bet they're all over that shit

is r ess supposed to be pronounced "are ess" as in R S standing for Rob Sean, since the first half of the song is all melodic/harmony and that's Rob's forte and the second half is beat-driven and that's Sean's bit? Or am I just too fuckin high?

Of course, tenth album. It's the 0, the completed circle, it's gotta sound round. Ciphersteps, yo. O=0 and 0 is the cipher in hip-hop's 5% talk, something ae probably know since they like hip-hop, hence the spracyans. A cipher is also an algorithm for coding. Oh I bet they're all over that shit

is r ess supposed to be pronounced "are ess" as in R S standing for Rob Sean, since the first half of the song is all melodic/harmony and that's Rob's forte and the second half is beat-driven and that's Sean's bit? Or am I just too fuckin high?

confused-o.gif

StarTrekGIF.gif

For me it's the opposite, Exai has really helped me to understand and put in context Ae's next album, "Drt-e-Dozn". I can't help but feel more familiar with its themes now, although I haven't heard it yet.

Oversteps would be a great album for a band like Tangerine Dream (which I also love). But this is Autechre afterall.

Move of Ten was okay, but i've barely listened to it since 2010. I also remember the only time I ever was pulled over by a policeman was when pce freeze was playing. The next time that song played in the car, a cop car came out of nowhere (but went racing after someone else). There and then I assumed the track means police! freeze!, and vowed to never play MoT in the car again.

Oversteps would be a great album for a band like Tangerine Dream (which I also love). But this is Autechre afterall.

Move of Ten was okay, but i've barely listened to it since 2010. I also remember the only time I ever was pulled over by a policeman was when pce freeze was playing. The next time that song played in the car, a cop car came out of nowhere (but went racing after someone else). There and then I assumed the track means police! freeze!, and vowed to never play MoT in the car again.

lol

Archived