Guest yanG

ideas for the second half welcome, and on overall production (drums too loud?)

i'm pretty happy with the arpeggios & melody, sounds like my mood, tell me what you think!

Edit: works better with a link!

Guest active galaxies

Nicely restrained stuff, I liked it. The slowly unfurling arpeggios work well.

Maybe the percussion could be a tiny bit lower in the mix (as you mention above), but that's more of an aesthetic choice than an outright production flaw - the sound design and the overall mix both feel cohesive.

(take my advice with a grain of salt; I probably have no idea what I'm talking about)

I think you've got some wiggle room here you're not taking advantage of; I like how the main synth line (the arpeggiated one) keeps the song together with a sort of dreamy feeling, but there aren't any moments of contrast. This song could use some silence, or at least change. Add some more structure so it doesn't just flow on one thing for three minutes. Make a part where the arpeggiated synth sequence loses some of the reverb and becomes more punchy, sharp; or take it out for a bit. Glitch it out at parts, do something; it's the main structuring element of your song, it needs to change up a bit in three minutes.

I really like how the drums fit in with the synths though. They're glitchy, but tasteful; it doesn't go too far like in many electronic tracks. I love it how you broke it down in the end; in fact, go harder! This track could eat shit in the end and it would sound really cool; take the end of

for example.

Overall all the parts work very well together, but it lacks contrast. Spice it up a bit and you'll be good to go.

As I'm listening to this, I think of things I haven't thought of in a while, so I'd say it's a good tune mate :)

perc could go a little lower I guess....I enjoy the structure how it is. If you did a second part, definitely have the drums drive a little more, make them the focus, maybe a sort of break beatish thing, using these sounds. If that makes ANY sense...but I see it picking up and moving a little more intensely. Great track man.

• 1 month later...

(take my advice with a grain of salt; I probably have no idea what I'm talking about)

I think you've got some wiggle room here you're not taking advantage of; I like how the main synth line (the arpeggiated one) keeps the song together with a sort of dreamy feeling, but there aren't any moments of contrast. This song could use some silence, or at least change. Add some more structure so it doesn't just flow on one thing for three minutes. Make a part where the arpeggiated synth sequence loses some of the reverb and becomes more punchy, sharp; or take it out for a bit. Glitch it out at parts, do something; it's the main structuring element of your song, it needs to change up a bit in three minutes.

I really like how the drums fit in with the synths though. They're glitchy, but tasteful; it doesn't go too far like in many electronic tracks. I love it how you broke it down in the end; in fact, go harder! This track could eat shit in the end and it would sound really cool; take the end of

for example.

Overall all the parts work very well together, but it lacks contrast. Spice it up a bit and you'll be good to go.

Thanks, I've been following some of your advice, and updated the file on sc. Tell me what you think! :beer:

As I'm listening to this, I think of things I haven't thought of in a while, so I'd say it's a good tune mate :)

perc could go a little lower I guess....I enjoy the structure how it is. If you did a second part, definitely have the drums drive a little more, make them the focus, maybe a sort of break beatish thing, using these sounds. If that makes ANY sense...but I see it picking up and moving a little more intensely. Great track man.

Thanks! :)

I like this, get a real Plaid vibe from it.

Cool detail at 2:50

The main synth and the bass kind of get lost in each other around 3:50. Could probably fix that with a bit of EQ.

I also agree w/ machinemask that you could pick up the percussion more as it builds, especially the hats at the end.

Over all very nice.

Guest PolyKrome

I'm not sure you need a second half to this track. I think it works as it is? I think you could maybe take out the main melody and leave some space here and there (as stated above) so you have more dynamics to the track, but that is just an opinion. I think overall it's pretty sweet!

Guest Woosey

This could be something really special.. agree with above, don't think it needs to be any longer.. there's already a lot going on with main melody, maybe a little break in the beat? then bring it in a little heavier.. but all in all a great track

i didn't mean to make it longer, i meant the second half of what was already posted, because it obviously lacked variation (which i think is fixed now), but i'll definitely mess up with the beats a little as suggested, esp in the second half :)

It's a really nice piece. I kept waiting for the drums to burst out into more of a flow and it hints throughout the track that it might. like it.

Guest Hermann

I´m in love with those chords! Oh my oh my oh my, beautiful, so wonderfully melancholy.

Can´t say I have anything to add, I have nothing against the fact that the arpeggios don´t leave the track, it really gives the track a moving forward and building up feeling.

Woo!

Archived