IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, I'm also digging Bibio's recent publicity photos, and his hairdo. He's got a kinda Cartesian look going on there. Nice.

Oh, and I would totally have that tea with him. That'd be sweet.

/brocrush

the b-side exclusive of this 7" has some pretty neat string phrasing. he's good on the old geetar

wat. What 7"?

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/684164-bibio--tout-l-heure

http://boomkat.com/downloads/686356-bibio--tout-l-heure

i like how they matched the script well with the flies on the artwork here too, alt. version on the digital cover

but is not used on the album artwork, a bit disjointed but... didn't like the cover artwork for the album much, but this is nice

Holy shit, that second track is so good--I like it even more than the way the same melody is used in the title track.

Bibio - You (taken from forthcoming album 'Silver WIlkinson')

My favourite part of that track is from 4:35 onwards.

It's an alright piece of music as a whole but, going by the album sampler, this track is the one that I felt was quite out of place next to the sound of the rest of the album, and hearing in its entirety has only confirmed my initial feelings.

Bibio has been prolific enough to deserve his own subforum, but output is clearly not a sufficient condition. It's probably not even a necessary condition, either.

In any case, that's the track I was looking forward to the least. I didn't really like fireant nearly as much as Bibio's more atmospheric or contemplative stuff. Thankfully, the rest of the album seems to be more like his mastercraft than this track.

hate it. really really sick of all this sampled chipmunk vocal shite. i know he likes his disco but nah, this is the odd one out.

someone/body just like you, whats this? its like musical youth or jackson five whatever, i couldn't care less.

Bibio - You (taken from forthcoming album 'Silver WIlkinson')

My favourite part of that track is from 4:35 onwards.

It's an alright piece of music as a whole but, going by the album sampler, this track is the one that I felt was quite out of place next to the sound of the rest of the album, and hearing in its entirety has only confirmed my initial feelings.

I understand zupiclone's sentiment about the pitch-shifted vocal cut-up MPC style but Bibio has always been well above the status quo with this sound imo. Stephen is such a versatile producer that he obviously has trouble stylistically focusing himself at times (Mind Bokeh) but it sounds like he is honing his carefully forged sound on this upcoming album.

Archived