This is the water...wtf

Btw, where did we saw that frog-bug before? Im sure ive seen it before. Maybe in my dreams...

Also, a lot of it reminded me of the 'jupiter and beyond infinite' scene from 2001 space odyssey.

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

the black lodge and all that jazz was born because of the big bomb, the most FEAR inducing thing humanity ever created, i guess

Edited by Perezvon

This new one and the previous episode have to be my favourites so far, despite the fact that they're (stylistically) polar opposites.

Apparently we have to wait two weeks for the next one - is that true?

Yeah, they're not showing next week's episode because of July 4th in America. Which I don't understand why because it's supposed to air on the 2nd

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

the black lodge and all that jazz was born because of the big bomb, the most FEAR inducing thing humanity ever created, i guess

If this is where they're going with this, it's a continuity error - Hawk mentioned that it was a legend amongst his people: The Dweller On the Threshold.

Also, the book goes into detail about the lodge existing as early as the 1800s

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

If this is where they're going with this, it's a continuity error - Hawk mentioned that it was a legend amongst his people: The Dweller On the Threshold.

Oh right I forgot about the native people legends.

Yeah I guess what pattern said then

so the entity we saw in the glass box and in the mushroom cloud would be the dweller ?

Edited by Perezvon

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

Sorry man, I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying that if they're going this way, they're kinda going against what they've already set up (and I wouldn't put it past them either - the book already changes things, specifically with regard to Norma's mom)

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

(and I wouldn't put it past them either - the book already changes things, specifically with regard to Norma's mom)

Btw didn't they somehow write Annie out or something ? Not completely obviously since there's that diary page with her words form the end of FWWM but I heard they didn' tmention her at all in the book, plus the fact that Heather Graham wasn't even asked to be in the new series.

Another great episode, spoilt only by NIN and their wank music. They probably think they're all cool and a good fit for Twin Peaks but they're utter shit.

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

(and I wouldn't put it past them either - the book already changes things, specifically with regard to Norma's mom)

Btw didn't they somehow write Annie out or something ? Not completely obviously since there's that diary page with her words form the end of FWWM but I heard they didn' tmention her at all in the book, plus the fact that Heather Graham wasn't even asked to be in the new series.

She's not written out entirely, as like you said - she's mentioned in the diary pages. But no mention of her in the book (but then again, there wasn't any need to mention her in the book). I didn't know that she hadn't even been asked to come back though.

Another great episode, spoilt only by NIN and their wank music. They probably think they're all cool and a good fit for Twin Peaks but they're utter shit.

Agreed - Trent Reznor miming badly and doing some fake laugh.

So now it's either - the other musicians who've performed on the show have also been miming and they're way better at it than El Rezzo, or they were actually performing live and it was just El Rezzo who mimed.

I know which one I'm picking out of those options (30).

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

She's not written out entirely, as like you said - she's mentioned in the diary pages. But no mention of her in the book (but then again, there wasn't any need to mention her in the book). I didn't know that she hadn't even been asked to come back though.

So now it's either - the other musicians who've performed on the show have also been miming and they're way better at it than El Rezzo, or they were actually performing live and it was just El Rezzo who mimed.

I think maybe they performed live on set but put the album track or whatever under the footage. 

Anyway, great episode. I'm really bummed we have to wait two weeks because of some stupid Will Smith worshipping holiday.

Did we just witness

the birth of BOB?

yeah, it looks like

I think maybe they performed live on set but put the album track or whatever under the footage. 

Anyway, great episode. I'm really bummed we have to wait two weeks because of some stupid Will Smith worshipping holiday.

Eh, El Rezzo has lost a lot of respect from me in the past few years.

Wait, why do we have to wait two weeks?

This new one and the previous episode have to be my favourites so far, despite the fact that they're (stylistically) polar opposites.

Yeah, they're not showing next week's episode because of July 4th in America. Which I don't understand why because it's supposed to air on the 2nd

That's fucking stupid.

ep8 was immense, wtf w/NIN, but forgiveness is warranted + not knowing the spoiler function

that was an i.v. injection of archetypes & the subconscious, Marcel Duchamps, Max Ernst, Tarkovsky, Dreams That Money Can Buy allusions & Jung, those inter-dimensional tramps mein gott

the slow zoom in on the bomb detonation = Kubrick is gurning in the heavens

Yeah really fantastic visualization. Still trying to make sense of the verses at the radio station and the bug entering the girl's mouth.

I always thought the Giant was from the White Lodge. It would kind of make sense that the Lodge is actually both White and Dark and, as Hawk said, if you go in with incomplete courage, you get Bob inside of you. The Dweller on the Threshold would then "decide" what would become of you. This corresponds with some Jungian ideas. I wonder what would happen if Bob was already inside another body when one visited the Lodge. Laura's face inside the orb makes no sense whatsoever, if this is really 1946, and why was that old lady smiling about?

Really surprised and happy that this is till so good - where are we? Episode 8?

Most shows have usually sagged by this point, only to pick up again towards the finale. However, this hasn't put a foot wrong yet, (NIN aside).

LOL at that frog/wasp thing. I think part of what is making this show so enjoyable is that back in 1990/91, CGI was really in it's infancy. fast forward almost  thirty years and anything that Lynch can dream up can be put on screen with terrifying results.