I'm quietly confident about this but it's never going to to have the impact of the original. I'm 48 now and back in 1990 when I first saw this, there was simply nothing like it.

It paved the way for lots of television shows.

Haven’t watched the latest season yet (rewatching the original series in a good marathon weekend) but essentially yeah. I still can’t believe this was broadcast on ABC.

Still nothing as weird and good has come out since in my humble opinion.

Dude, fuck you guys. David Lynch gets better as he goes along. "Twin Peaks: The Return" was great. You all have just too many expectations, and you wanted him to stroke your "Twin Peaks (original run)" cock, but that's not where he is anymore. Geezus fucking Krist, why is this a discussion? There are no real deep insights here, only vague gestures toward feelings and what you wanted out of the show and disappointment with the hype (which was just FUN, what the fuck is wrong with that, now?!) and it's SO TIRESOME. How about this? How about you do something? How about you just put things in their proper place? It's television. It's actually good television. It's actually really good television. I check up here every once and a while because I'm hoping to hear about some news, and this forum usually delivers, but so help me is this place becomes another r/twinpeaks. Get a grip, mutherfuckers. It's not like David Lynch did a fucking cheesy, lame 180 and directed shows about "slo-mo on the dildo.." or whatever FSOL did around 2002. His visuals always hold up. "Oh, I didn't like how Coop didn't come back until the penultimate episode, or where's Audrey?" Fuck off. Get a life. Goddammit. You guys are better than this.

i think its a review of tomorrows harvest,the return: a limited event listen

i,m in the middle of my second watch of the new series and its even better second time round,kyle mclaughlin definitely deserves praise for his performance,it seems a bit more tragic and sad when rewatched

Edited by sunshine recorder

Im on a re-watch too, currently at episode 5.  With a bit of knowledge of what is to come, it does certainly make more sense.  And in other ways, not.

I am antcipating the arrival of future episodes (8 especially!)

It kinda makes sense upon rewatch, but just as much doesn't.

Also it will remind you of lots of confounding things you forgot about because they were one-offs that went nowhere. Remember Beverly's terminally ill husband?

It kinda makes sense upon rewatch, but just as much doesn't.

Also it will remind you of lots of confounding things you forgot about because they were one-offs that went nowhere. Remember Beverly's terminally ill husband?

that was probably there to justify the semi-romantic moments between beverley and ben,when they,re listening to the strange sound in the hotel,not sure i,d have his restraint tho,shes hot!

hmm, my criticism though would be she was a non-character. So to flesh out a non-character that barely appears with an even non-er character was bizarre

And the bizarreness of that, in overview, appeals to me tbh

yeah,there,s a lot of that...119 girl,people having conversations in the road house,arguably filler,but there seems to always be some sort of link to the common theme,its lynch tho,he does what he wants,not enuff of that these days

i took all of that to just be a "slice of life" in twin peaks.  perhaps lynch and frost took the extra space of the new season to just give us a glimpse into other residents of twin peaks, ancillary to the "storyline(s)".  i enjoy that sort of thing, so the undeveloped characters really didn't bother me.

They could do a Netflix spinoff of that terrible series 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' but it's just Coop and Laura Palmer going on a silent road trip at night occasionally stopping off at diners for some coffee (again in silence)

sorry if this is jazz...

this duo had a song on my spotify "discovery" playlist - saw this on the page and was like "no, no I don't think I'm ready for this yet"