it probably feels different than original series because lynch didn't do most of it.

...or because it's 26 years later and times have changed.

I very much like the way it's embracing our current era rather than trying to hit people in the nostalgia glands.

Before time was, Bob is.

i don't think casual tv viewers are watching twin peaks

https://youtu.be/Y9JoUzovYWY

Which bit is extended? Apart from my manhood

They just looped it, it's a joke. Though a 10 minute version of that scene wouldn't exactly feel out of place in this show.

it probably feels different than original series because lynch didn't do most of it.

I very much like the way it's embracing our current era rather than trying to hit people in the nostalgia glands.

Before time was, Bob is.

It's a bit of both. There are a lot of episodes in Seasons 1 and 2 that really detract from Lynch's style visually - like, some episodes have fucking Dutch angle shots, which are cheesy as fuck if not used right (I feel these weren't in the show).

Other little things here and there, too.

But then there is also the fact that because of the path that Twin Peaks laid out, and that subsequent shows have followed, Lynch doesn't have to water anything down.

This is up there with the rawest stuff I've seen of his.

What is also interesting is that, save for some playback of the original themes from the show, it looks like Angelo Badalamenti hasn't really contributed to the new music and soundscapes this time around - it all seems to be Lynch, which also gives the new series a different feel.

Edited by oscillik

I must not read this thread until I have access to a telly or laptop once more. I take it there will be thesis(es) written on this in the future. Lynch on keys too. GTFI.

Before time was, Bob is.

this +100

also i don't think he'd get the type of budget he got then to recreate the show as a closed set in twin peaks with that level of production design. it's not only 26 years later on the show, but for us as well 

NSskyhB.jpg

Just finished the 3rd and 4th ep today. Nothing to say that hasn't already been said here. Fuck me, I am in love.

Also, anyone else spot Aaron Funk in the Bang Bang Bar?

i1WApo9.png

N5TAFA5.png

6nisUGB.png

Edited by hello spiral

Hah, amazing if that is Mr. Funk.

I am actually hoping some of his music features in this series - he did a remix of  Lynch track a few years back so I'm guessing they have connections.

I'm not expecting a Snares live gig in the Bangbang Bar as the credits roll? Or am I?

*edit*

I wonder if thats Joanne Pollock he has his arm around?

poemss-interview-venetian-snares-joanne-

Edited by fletcher

yo! i had all 4 episodes on hbo on demand all this time and didn't know that lol helloooooool

watching the other 2 tonight yeeeey 

i think it's amazing that Lynch is still producing something this intense at the age of 71. whatever strange source of inspiration he has been in touch with throughout his career, he is definitely still tapped into it. if anything, it is even more focused and refined now.

i doubt we'll ever see anything this experimental on a major television network with this sort of budget ever again.

I just got to dig in tonight but I'm floored after ep1. This is going to be fucking great. Probably gonna be up all night to get to ep4--just have a feeling

Madeline Zima (Tracey). Lawd those legs went all the way up to the heavens mercy me

Legs that go all the way up to make an ass out of themselves