I will be slightly hesitant as The Return was so perfect, but then we all know what happened with season 2 so even if this one suffers from various....drops in quality it could be fitting.

Time to post this again. I will not be disappointed if this is what we get tbh

image.png.f07647e365a49b969450f74ef2ccd3af.png

i like season 2

• Like 2

Hopefully showtime gives him an infinite budget and really just lets him go at it. 

23 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Time to post this again. I will not be disappointed if this is what we get tbh

image.png.f07647e365a49b969450f74ef2ccd3af.png

BRILLIANT

Fuck, just remembered the people that died which were in the last series.

enjoyed this explanation. ridiculously long and the way he tries to read Lynch quotes in character is annoying as f*ck, but great insight makes up! ?

• Like 1

^ About 2 hours into this, yeah this is a damn fine explanation. For a 4.5 hr video it's compelling and flows well: there's shockingly no redundancy nor weak tangents, shoe-horned evidence, etc. Impressed by how consistent, well-thought out, and extremely well-researched it is so far. I don't find it to be detracting from my personal feelings / interpretations and vague thoughts of the series despite his warning for such fans. In fact he deliberately notes that he leaves out Frost's input for that reason. 

• Like 2

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, goDel said:

enjoyed this explanation. ridiculously long and the way he tries to read Lynch quotes in character is annoying as f*ck, but great insight makes up! ?

oh wow, there goes my early night off to bed

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, goDel said:

Yeah the title screamed clickbait when it popped up on my recommended videos, currently only 90 mins through but the bold claim definitely stands up so far. His 'Lynch-quote' voice totally reminds me of Mark Proksch's impressions on On Cinema so they unintentionally give me a chuckle every time ... 

• Like 1

Yeah the title screamed clickbait when it popped up on my recommended videos

That shit annoys me but I completely understand why he would. He reluctantly posted on the twin peaks subreddit to address a lot of the flippant and dismissive criticism of the video, which he spent 2 years researching and editing. If I had spent that much time and energy I wouldn't force myself to have a clinical title to the video, I'd give in and give it a clickbait title as well. At this point a lot of substantive YT channels and videos have to in order to reach the same new audience as shitty clickbait titled videos.

• Like 1

To clarify I meant it sounded like a clickbait title due to the claim being so wild and am so used to the majority of Youtube videos that are titled in a similar way only to be nothingness opinion pieces. It was nice to have such a bold title that has (so far) completely delivered for a change

Yeah i got about halfway through, and aside from the cringy Lynch impersonations I could follow everything he was saying and nodded along at most bits (so far)

Interested to see how he manages to string this out for another 2.5 hours though

• Like 1

From 2:50:00 onwards he def goes more into the third season stuff. Really interesting take. To the point that I'm wondering whether he in some way had direct access to Lynch himself, btw. As he's really schooling us, the viewers. We're basically an integral part on why the third season is what it is. 

In short: even if you're satisfied after the first couple of hourse, def take the effort to sit this one out!

edit: and please don't skip the first 2:50:00 if you're only interested in the third season. it's pretty much a package deal. it doesn't work to just dive in

Edited by goDel
  • Like 1

so should i watch this rather than the "twin peaks overview" ones that were recommended some pages ago?

)

edit: page break, "this" refers to the 4-hour one

Edited by kieselguhr kid
pagebreak

Do both. Start with Corn pone flicks. As he's got an interesting take. The 4 hour one completely destroys it though, but it is interesting nevertheless. Gets you mind rolling. The 4 hour one goes completely meta and you might even want to avoid it if you love having/creating theories of your own and aren't interested in anything else really. As you might end up losing the need to fantasise about new theories.

Yeah the Corn Pone ones are definitely worth a watch - For some reason they remind me of Slavoj Zizek's works

They're super interesting and super cringeworthy.

• Haha 1

Just like TP season 3? ;D

• Like 1

It definitely had some cringeworthy shit, but the highs were so high they annihilated the lows ?