• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was feeling a little too attached to the world so yesterday i watched stalker and then loaded up all of twin peaks S3 into VLC..so will chip my way through.. hopefully becoming less tethered to everyday thoughts. david lynch dose makes a good background to daily routines. 

I made this Laura Palmer's theme playlist a while ago don't know if I shared it yet... most are metal covers... go figure ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

playlist ---> Laura Palmer's Theme

Edited by cruising for burgers

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Silva on working with David Lynch

WIP: Did you work with David before Twin Peaks? For example over the films "Dune" or "Blue Velvet"?

FS: No. We didn't know each other during the filming of "Dune," but when he shot "Blue Velvet," the shooting took place in North Carolina, and then he came to Los Angeles, where we met.

WIP: What features did you notice when working with David Lynch? Did he say what he specifically wants to see or just set the basic direction of the idea, and you should have already thought of it yourself?

FS: He knows what he wants. What I've learned from working with David is that less is better. When I was working on the locations for his shooting, I noticed that the fewer things in the room, on the table, on the walls, the more he likes. It was necessary to make sure that all the contents of the room looks beautiful and interesting. When we shot the scenes at Twin Peaks high school for the pilot series, we left the offices almost untouched, just as they were, except for the walls. In the picture you can see the wallpaper of yellow and orange. They still hung all sorts of drawings and papers of schoolchildren. David saw them and said, " Frank, get everything off the wall. All. I want an American flag hanging here. And here, hang a portrait of Washington.» Remember that deer head that was on the table in front of Cooper and Truman when they came to look at the storage room? It wasn't in the script. We filmed it at school, too, in a small room. About this deer (laughs) ... we wanted him to hang on the wall, but he still did not want to hold on. And we wanted a metal plaque wrapped around it, you should have seen it! Very beautiful with all sorts of patterns. Now, we all could not hang the head and then David says "Too long! Just drop it on the table, let it fall off the wall." I tried to talk him out of it,". We could damage the furniture." And he replies "Ah and okay. We'll pay their expenses later!" The way we worked. That's David's thing, he's in situations like this.

WIP: In the pilot series, there's a scene where Cooper and Truman come to the morgue to examine Laura's body and the lamp light starts to blink. I have heard stories that it happened by accident, that the lamp really suddenly started to work badly.

FS: That's a false rumor. In fact, it was on purpose. Someone started playing with the light and David liked it. He wanted to keep the effect. Someone just turned the lamp on and off in one of the takes. Then it started happening again, like The lady with the Log also snapping the light at the town meeting.

WIP: The theme of electricity is very much involved in the movie "Fire Walk With Me". Does David like the sound and blink of electrical objects?

FS: You can see it at the end of each series when the Lynch/Frost Productions logo appears. I think it all started with the pilot, I think Yes, he liked the sounds and blinks of electrical appliances. Especially the sound of the big booths, the way it grows as you get closer to her. Sound is very important to him. He's always wearing headphones when he's shooting a scene. Fully involved in the work. Sometimes he asks the sound engineer to include a soundtrack for the scene in his headphones so that he can hear it right during the shooting.

WIP: Did you take part in the work on "Wild at Heart"?

FS: Yes, I was in charge of the scenery.

WIP: How different was working on the Twin pPeaks pilot from what you did in "Wild at Heart»

FS: the Only difference was that we had a lot of time. When you work on a feature film, you feel calmer, no one is in a hurry. When we did the Twin Peaks pilot, we had to adjust to the schedule of the TV channel, that's the difference. They wanted us to shoot all for a period of from eighteen to twenty-two days. We were in thirty-one or thirty-two days. But you need to understand that after the end of filming there is still a lot of work.

WIP: What are the duties of the person in charge of the scenery?

FS: You are responsible for everything that surrounds the actor, as well as some of the things that are on him. For example rings, sunglasses, watches. You're responsible for everything he touches. And you've got everything that other people won't take on! For example, some cheap special effects. The Director says " So. We need smoke here. And we need rain here."Sometimes when you don't have a weapons expert on the team, you have to make the guns. I never liked it, I don't like guns. There were plenty of guns in the Wilds. At that moment I thought that I was a creative person, and being a decorator, I was not given any opportunity to do what I would like. They just give you a list of what you need and that's it. It's boring enough. I never wanted to be a decorator all my life.

WIP: Well, you now recognize probably not because of the fact that you are a decorator.

FS: But decorator I don't give up! I will say this, I will not live on only acting.

WIP: Were you responsible for the technical part of "Fire Walk With Me" or were you just an actor?

FS: I was only an actor. I didn't take part in the rest. I decided that I would rather do one thing, I decided to divide my two professions and separate them into different corners. Trying to shoot two birds with one stone was quite not right. So I was totally into acting at that point.

FB_IMG_1683404656109.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Must been 15 years since I saw Twin Peaks. 
I had forgotten almost everything but Twin Peaks is like the wholy grail of series.. The best ever!

I don't know why but this is the scene I never forget.. It is pure genius I think.

Lynch little son doing magic:

• Like 1