havent been so clueless in a while.

but my conclussion is , the atomic bomb opened a portal or gave the dark dimension enough power to create Bob and bring him to earth no idea about the black guys do.

any thoughts ?

Another great episode, spoilt only by NIN and their wank music. They probably think they're all cool and a good fit for Twin Peaks but they're utter shit.

Agree agree

Yeah the NIN bit was pretty bad.

edit - and I though it was Prurient/Dominick Fernow when they showed him that leather jacket. 

Edited by doublename

Yeah the NIN bit was pretty bad.

edit - and I though it was Prurient/Dominick Fernow when they showed him that leather jacket. 

The NIN section was a total facepalm for me.

It felt like coming back from the supermarket only to find someone had scratched your car. 

Let's hope we never see them again.

I haven't listened to NIN in a long time and it actually wasn't a bad track but it felt so out of place. It kind of felt like the closing credits to the linear plot line and the rest of the episode is its own entity

I haven't listened to NIN in a long time and it actually wasn't a bad track but it felt so out of place. It kind of felt like the closing credits to the linear plot line and the rest of the episode is its own entity

Yeah I'm not a big NIN fan at all, and the song was fine, but it definitely did not need to be an actual part of the episode. Only time during the whole revival that I started looking at my phone. What a snooze.

Rest of the ep was tops though, great stuff

Agree that the atomic bomb opened the way / allowed BOB to cross over to Earth from the Lodge and when that happened the Giant sent whatever possessed Laura as a way to counteract BOB

But that makes me wonder what Mike has to do with everything?

The Nine Inch Nails!

That part did take me out of it.  If I didn't know who NIN was I think it may have worked, as the song does fit the vibe.  My friend who wasn't familiar with NIN thought it was awesome.

But man, everything that came after that scene was fucking amazeballs.  Got-a-light guy is classic.  I'd be him for Hallowe'en, but it could be too easily mistaken for black-face... Damn it David!

I quite liked the NIN bit, the song seemed to fit. I didn't really notice the miming and I'm not really a fan so it was fine.

Actually the only thing that irked me was that they got introduced by an MC. Nobody else got an introduction.

I quite liked the NIN bit, the song seemed to fit. I didn't really notice the miming and I'm not really a fan so it was fine.

Actually the only thing that irked me was that they got introduced by an MC. Nobody else got an introduction.

Yes.this too.

How about those visuals tho!

Loved the jittery gas-tation/soot-men scene - NUTS

Got a bit of a "under the skin" vibe from this episode

Also the music in the weird giant's place, when we see the woman sitting, reminds me of Audrey's jazzy music.. but faint ... she reminded me of her too a bit

Yeah I thought it might be her until they showed her from close up.

Episodes like this make me miss keanu reeves, he's not been here for awhile.

Edited by tec

Thought The 'The NIN' bit was fine - right atmosphere and fitting lyrics.

Big bands like that probably don't come to The Roadhouse very often so proudly introducing them makes sense in the context of the show.

The Black Lodge and it's creatures have been around on Earth since long before 1945 but the beginning of the nuclear age caused some sort of reaction.

Reckon the young lady might be Sarah Palmer & the frogmoth (which looks evolved to survive on land+water+air) crawls in to corrupt her inter-dimensional Laura egg.