Been purposely avoiding this thread because I don't have Showtime. But I want to know, is it good enough to wait and buy the whole season when it comes out? Has Lnych lost his touch? I thought Mulholland Drive was his opus and Inland Empire was pretty indulgent and boring 

Been purposely avoiding this thread because I don't have Showtime. But I want to know, is it good enough to wait and buy the whole season when it comes out? Has Lnych lost his touch? I thought Mulholland Drive was his opus and Inland Empire was pretty indulgent and boring 

I doubt it will come out on dvd/bluray for a year. It's worth it to sign up for a Showtime Anytime trial and binge it for free since the finale is next week. But yes it's definitely one of the best thing's Lynch has done.

I doubt it will come out on dvd/bluray for a year. It's worth it to sign up for a Showtime Anytime trial and binge it for free since the finale is next week. But yes it's definitely one of the best thing's Lynch has done.

Inland Empire is strong in this one, though. Very strong, I'd say.

Inland Empire is strong in this one, though. Very strong, I'd say.

Ah  I haven't watched any of this yet and that sucks to hear. I rank that one next to Dune, Alan Smithee version. Twin Peaks s1 and 2 were like solid Blue Velvet/Mulholland Dr. territory. 

Ignoring the MD & IE diss as indulgent & boring, TP might push the limits of your patience

dont know if its the kind of material you can binge on although not tried

tend to find its something best suited to watching each episode with the lights down low nr dark, decent speakers/headphones, then rewatch a few days later....a lot will emerge that you might have glimpsed the surface of with re-experiencing

its David Lynch which means it wont ever be to everyone's taste, but, if you take your time, its a sublime island of experiences in a wasteland of stale, saturated tv inanity

Hail praise Lynch!

been listening to htrk today and imo they'd fit quite well in twin peaks 

these kind of bands should play there , also Xiu Xiu & Michael Gira instead of that guitar whining dude from the last episode

This show hasn't put a foot wrong - well, apart from the NIN debacle.

I didn't really have high hopes for this but I think, for me, it will surpass the original series. It's been a joy from beginning to the (soonish) ending.

Ignoring the MD & IE diss as indulgent & boring, TP might push the limits of your patience

dont know if its the kind of material you can binge on although not tried

tend to find its something best suited to watching each episode with the lights down low nr dark, decent speakers/headphones, then rewatch a few days later....a lot will emerge that you might have glimpsed the surface of with re-experiencing

its David Lynch which means it wont ever be to everyone's taste, but, if you take your time, its a sublime island of experiences in a wasteland of stale, saturated tv inanity

Hail praise Lynch!

Cool, thanks for the thoughts. BTW, I was not dissing MD - It's my favorite of his films. Inland Empire did underwhelm me though