so good. that scene w/diane was amazing. intense. she's so great. the whole dougie jones thread is pretty great. the fact that she feds him cake then he goes to put a fork in the socket.. i mean.. if it was pie he might have stayed to finish it and never electrocuted himself. ;)

Loved it. Definite Blu-ray box territory purchase. I'm already melting at the thought of extras

Thought that van was gonna explode!

Seriously. I can't wait to watch the atomic bomb sequence in episode 8 in all its uncompressed glory.

He's so nice and goofy. Seems really down to earth.

He actually replied to my wife's comment on one of his instagram posts awhile back. I could literally picture him with a cup of coffee going through list of comments and giving each person a very brief but sincere reply, finger pecking the keyboard like some aloof dad or old school detective.

I would not compare this season to Inland Empire, it's much less experimental and more coherent. It's definitely heavier on the avant-garde than the original series but not nearly as much as IE. I think it has more in common with Mulholland if I was gonna compare it to any of his films - the whole Vegas arc reminds me a lot of MD's universe. If MD was originally going to be a series, it seems like he might have folded some of the ideas he wanted to explore there into this season.

i liked dougie. he was like the equivalent of a dog. 

For me it was like him portraying my 2 year old. Learning by imitation. Naive curiosity. Happy as a default emotion.

Actually dogs and toddlers are quite similar.

hellooooo

but even though coop/dougie wasn't at 100% he still had some advanced knowledge/intuition

poisoned coffee, his coworker fraud, even that scene when he stares at sonny jim and starts crying prob was related to how his father might never come back. also, the whole fork in the socket thing: gordon cole, electricity, etc.

That 'I Am The FBI' scene was all the more powerful because (to my knowledge) that's been the only time they've used the main title theme in the show itself - more than sixteen hours of film.

That 'I Am The FBI' scene was all the more powerful because (to my knowledge) that's been the only time they've used the main title theme in the show itself - more than sixteen hours of film.

Actually it was in an earlier episode when Bobby sees the picture of Laura for the first time in years.