Hahaha, now that is what I call a doozy! More, more! Hope to read more posts from you in the future, great to see you spread your wings and fly. You've been a great addition with this back and forth over the last few pages. You've been out in the wilderness.

Did you know that the best horror is usually off screen? It's up to the audience to decide what is happening in their human mind. I'm sure you've heard about this in every single horror dvd extra but I'm just putting it out there for anyone who's been living without electricity for the past 50 years.

Now there are a lot of interesting theories out there about what is going on, but until we get some idea about where Audrey truly is, it's gonna be tough. And I keep coming back to the girl vomiting in the car, what is going on there. That is also key.

after coop wakes up in the motel everything looks more ''real'' then anything before and he acts more like a ''real' person, not a black/white, mc.c/cooper split stereotype, but as a whole person with its good and bad characteristics.

Nice observation.

You know the woman who opened the door? Shes the actual owner of the home IRL. Every shot with her was in HD high frame rate to make it hyper-realistic.

Of all of the weird stuff that occurred that might have meaning in hindsight I thought of the diner scene where someone yelled Billy and everyone in Double R changed. Billy was only ever mentioned in the roadhouse and by Audrey, which seems detached from the rest of the series. I wonder if that 'switch' was when Coop changed Laura's fate.

My latest thought is that it is all janey-E and Sonny Jims fault (via Cooper).

Cooper created a Tulpa for them to live a happy life at the start of episode 18.

In order for balance to be restored, some pain and sorrow was needed to counteract the happy life he had created.  Thus Laura was snatched away by Judy as they headed for Jack Rabbits palace.

If Cooper had not created a Tulpa for Janey-E / SJ (who possibly was Diane's half sister? Cooper didn't know this I guess?) then would that have been enough pain and sorrow to allow Laura to live?

My latest thought is that it is all janey-E and Sonny Jims fault (via Cooper).

Cooper created a Tulpa for them to live a happy life at the start of episode 18.

In order for balance to be restored, some pain and sorrow was needed to counteract the happy life he had created.  Thus Laura was snatched away by Judy as they headed for Jack Rabbits palace.

If Cooper had not created a Tulpa for Janey-E / SJ (who possibly was Diane's half sister? Cooper didn't know this I guess?) then would that have been enough pain and sorrow to allow Laura to live?

Wow BOB wow

^ Oh haven't read that one yet. Vulture, Indiewire, and IGN had some good ones too

My favorite interpretation of Audrey's role in the new season - kudos to ATOP for this link

Also among the many things I've read on reddit one that stuck out was about how there's something very, very real about unexplained mysteries, the scene with the girl vomiting and the lady yelling like a car horn is a perfect example. Sometime weird shit happens, especially little or weird things only we as individuals or a community or a small pool of people experience, and we never get an explanation, often because other things take precedent. In the case of the lady and the zombie girl Bobby has a more pressing thing to get to and then the show's bigger plots carry on. There's no grand conspiracy to develop nor is a cop out of Lynch to add filler to the show. 

g1i9yrmui2kz.jpg

I believe the Jeffries Tea Kettle actually gave us a map of time and space in this final scene. He shows us the Owl Cave symbol and how it can become a figure 8, or an infinity symbol. Then he showed us what looks like a circle orbiting on the figure 8 and says “that’s where you are,” or something to that effect. This all hints that he’s showing us where we currently are in the loop of time.
Upon further thought, I realized why the infinity loop of time is shown vertically instead of horizontally like we’re used to seeing. I think it’s because it’s showing the location of the White and Black lodge, two places we have never actually seen in the show. This helps explain why the Red Room is the waiting room. It’s a place where souls get sorted before they are sent to the white or black lodges, or in the case of Cooper (since he entered the lodge still alive), placed back into the time loop. This helps explain the religious symbology that crops up throughout the series.
Here’s further explanation of my illustration along with some general ideas that are influenced by this theory:
The figure 8 is actually Judy, the mysterious loop or track of time that’s shape cannot be altered, only travelled upon, and one can become trapped in this loop if altered too significantly (this happened to Jeffries)
Jiao Dai or "to explain" or Judy, can also be interpreted as an explanation for how things work in the world of Twin Peaks the show. As humans with a limited time on earth, we tend to see things in a linear manner. We're born, we live then we die. Because we don't live long in relation to the universe, we're not able to see this loop of time, which is a perspective that Frost and Lynch use to their advantage in the show. We expect a linear plot with conclusions, but in the world of Judy, that's just not how it works
Another interpretation of Judy I stumbled upon replying to comments is that Judy is the original Dreamer, in that Judy is the all-powerful force, or God and creator of the world as we know it. She's terrifying and wondrous at the same time, she's the Mother of good and evil. If Judy wakes from her dream, our universe ceases to exist, thus the fear associated with righting the wrongs along the timeline (?)
Hawk warns we don’t want to know about this symbol because it’s worse than going to Hell (the Black Lodge) because it’s a purgatory of sorts where you travel time forever coming across the same events over and over (explains how Jeffries probably went mad and turned into a tea kettle, maybe a nod to The Mad Hatter?)
The green circles on the time track represent places, characters and universes that can be influenced and/or traveled to
The bright yellow lines connecting the green orbs represent when certain characters travel between worlds/times in the show using the forces of electricity
The Red Room is located at the crossover of the time loop, which can help explain why it opens at a certain time (when Jupiter and Saturn align might be in reference to where timelines cross over at the middle of the infinity time loop). I think in Cooper’s scenario, he was stuck in the Red Room for 25 years waiting for it to open for him again
I think the main entrance to the Red Room is located in Glastonberry Grove, which helps explain why Twin Peaks is so affected by the forces of Judy. I think the Twin Peaks “place” orb is on the inner track of the loop and experiences positive and negative forces more frequently than other places in the show. This helps explain why Dougie experiences bad times when we first meet him, but then things get sorted out and become positive at a decently slow pace. Compare this to the scenes of Twin Peaks that quickly oscillate between positive and negative scenes at a neck-breaking pace
The Mauve Room and Convenience Store are outside entities that have influence over the characters/places orbiting the loop, The Fireman has positive intentions, while BOB and friends have negative intentions
The Fireman’s bells provide the electricity needed to travel to different times/places while the Jumping Man is a physical embodiment of negative electric energy needed to help people in the Convenience Store travel to other times/places
The Fireman’s bells can also store fake places, or dreams, that can be used to hold characters at bay while the Fireman takes care of righting wrongs, getting green orbs back on proper paths to avoid more Jeffries scenarios (you’re guess is as good as mine)
The Convenience Store had a direct path into the Palmer house via the ceiling fan and influenced all the Palmers at various junctures in the series

Side note - favorite line from the finale is when Philip Jeffries says "It's slippery in here!"

I just love the mental imagine of David Bowie fumbling around inside a giant tea kettle trying to spit out numbers and symbols through the spout.

What you don't see and what you don't know is, to me, more terrifying than what is presented to us and explored visually.

So Sarah Palmer moaning and making guttural growls off screen then dashing in to smash up the photo was indeed very sinister.  When nothing is happening on screen you can build tension and allow your brain to form ideas / look for things that may or may not be happening.

Laura Palmer did the same during their long car journey back to Twin peaks - "are we being followed?" - the answer was NO but whilst sat there contemplating what she was doing in a car with an unknown FBI agent, the fear was building inside her and the tension I felt whilst watching it followed suit.

A lot of Hollywood has forgotten this fantastic skill - eg Ridley Scott in 1979 giving us glimpses of the terrifying Alien beast hiding in the shadows, then is 2017 mainsplaining it to us with full-on CGI and a potted history lesson. There is nothing scary about having the entire situation and meaning laid out for you.

True horror lies in the human mind.

wise words !

part of me thinks the end was a set up for a new series...

yeah i think so too

I've been reading rumours about a now deleted tweet that claimed there's already a Season 4...

i hope not

or if there is it better be fucking dark